Hello from central FL

cookrd1

i am 66 years old, retired for 20 years, and finally got into this hobby. I have four toy quads and a 250 FPV "racer" which is a RTF, so pretty basic. I only have good vision in one eye, so hopefully I will get into FPV and can compensate as I crash into everything now with poor depth perception. No matter, I am having fun. I also ordered a Hubsan 107D and am considering adding a little Spektrum VA1100 to my Syma X5. So, I can learn FPV on the toys. The 250 scares me, loads of power and potential serious damage or injury. Considering selling it and getting a Blade 350 QX3 since it has GPS, RTH, etc, seems safer Have only been flying on my small half acre lot, not much room what with the house, trees, outbuilding, screened pool and 40' motor home all crammed in. My big challenge is depth perception. If I can't take to FPV, it will forever be the toy quads, but that isn't too bad.
Cookie

Tony

Staff member
What 250 quad do you have? You are right, they are fast and can get away from you in a hurry. It's been a while since I flew my 250, and I just did this review on the Walkera 250 and went full throttle and that thing moved, even with a heavy 2200mah battery in it.

Thinking about doing FPV with one good eye, I'm wondering what would be better as far as screens go. There are 3 main types, goggles with dual eye lenses, goggles with a single screen (large) and regular screens. I'm thinking the last two may be the best option, but I wouldn't know for sure, just thinking.

Welcome to RCH! It's a pleasure to have you here!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom