Helicopter RPM Meter

this is my own design, i got bored tonight as i couldnt sleep so decided to design something useful for my Heli

i havent got the main gear yet to put the magnets on but it will work OK, it also has the ability to store RPM counts for retrieval after landing onto a laptop.

it requires a 5 volt supply, this could come from BEC quite easily

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that can't sleep.

And I hope your hovering is more stable than mine. i wouldn't be able to read that... ,

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that can't sleep.

And I hope your hovering is more stable than mine. i wouldn't be able to read that... ,

good point there Tony... hmmm, im sure you could see it man....lol

its only 21:14 over the pond isnt it?

very true...lol. well its a good idea i think and should be pretty dam accurate too, i pondered over using IR sensors bouncing off the blades but decided to hack my main gear...lol

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to balance the main gear after you put magnets in it. Time to start drinking more to try and fall asleep...

Lee

Cool gadget Tony.
I use my Ipod with the Helitach App. Works pretty well and stores all the rpms for looking at later.

Cool gadget Tony.
I use my Ipod with the Helitach App. Works pretty well and stores all the rpms for looking at later.

Thanks Lee, I've just looked at that app, looks ok, but it says may not be accurate... Hmmm, well mine will be very accurate... I might put a Bluetooth module on it so you can see the rpm from an app.

Top Bottom