Heli Setup Phoenix 5

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well, I was learning and getting better at detailed setup in Phoenix 4 and now they've gone and changed everything. Did they do away with in-flight adjustments??? Has anybody gotten familiar with how to setup helis in Phoenix 5 that can help a brother out???

I'm practicing my maiden flight for my G630 build and I would like to emulate my setup on the sim. I would like to setup N, IU1, IU2 with flat TC's and governor so I can flip my TH switch spool up and only control pitch with the right stick. I found the governor otpions but can't seem to get it to work properly....once back on the model the main blades barely spin but the tail is going full speed. It was late and I didn't play around with it very long but I didn't see anything that looked like what I needed to adjust in the other menu options.......is this my inexperience coming out??? :thinking::help:

Graham Lawrie

I have not had time to look at the changes yet:( I knew may way round 4 pretty good but first glance of this is nearly like starting again, but not quite:) It uploaded/saved all my old settings and to me it seemed to make it easier to fly??

Will keep you posted on anything I find out, as I am sure everyone else will:)

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Thanks, Graham! I'm still looking around the program and doing some research as well! If I stumble across an answer I'll certainly post it.

I didn't have any models with preferred settings in 4….the only thing I adjusted was the level wheel in simple and the In-Flight adjustment menu. I thought it would be helpful to setup the G700 in Phoenix the way my real G630 is setup.

Stambo

I didn't have any models with preferred settings in 4….the only thing I adjusted was the level wheel in simple and the In-Flight adjustment menu. I thought it would be helpful to setup the G700 in Phoenix the way my real G630 is setup.

I had some small changes in 4 like turning off governer on the smaller birds and relying on throttle and pitch curves and idle up settings in the tx.
That way I got to learn more about my Taranis without risking any aircraft. :)
Now I have a basic understanding of how to set up 3d settings for my Trex 500.
(Still too chicken to try anything but basic circuits and 8s though :))

cml001

So what's the word on this update?.. Should I leave it as is or update to the new version? I have a wrecked 450 and an incomplete 550... Gonna use the sim for awhile it seems.

Stambo

So what's the word on this update?.. Should I leave it as is or update to the new version? I have a wrecked 450 and an incomplete 550... Gonna use the sim for awhile it seems.

I guess most people will do the update so if you want to fly with us online, go for it.
There just may be some setup to do that we all will learn as we go.
Otherwise if you are happy with it as it is, I think there is no reason to change.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I think part of the problem I am having configuring Phoenix to act like my Goblin is that I am using the DX5e that came with my Apprentice S 15e plane so I'm sure I have limited functionality. However, I only have one switch that is not used, so to speak. However, I found how to map the switches for different functions. This may have been the case in Phoenix 4 but I never found it. Click System/Your Controls and go into the advanced setup screen and you have the option to change map the channels to different functions. I selected the "Unmapped" function for the throttle in the general settings and in the Helicopter settings I mapped Idle Up to the channel 5 switch. This is now my throttle; it's either on or off. I haven't figured out how to configure for idle up using the governor function within the model setup but at least I have made a little progress with this thing.

Well, Time to go fly and practice my maiden flight!!!

Graham Lawrie

I logged on Phoenix tonight and it updated to version "N". Had a good play on it and did an hour of nose in hovering. The adjustments to the set up of the model appear to be more advanced but good.

The old style "Basic and Advanced" dial works well and is the simpler option to achieve a good model quickly that fly's well:)

Hopefully get on again tomorrow:) went online but no one there:(

mikeorjoe

Help!
I have Phoenix 5.5 and just can't set up my DX18 for helicopter flying.
Aircraft are fine.
Quads are fine.
I want to practice nose in flights for my V950 and 977 before moving on to TRex 600.
I think I need a step by step guide if anyone can oblige.

Top Bottom