Motors Heli nitro engine

Adam

So do we think I am capable of starting and tuning my raptor. The tmaxx I bought is still running not great but running lol. Basically I really know nothing with aircraft engine except make sure you have smoke.

Tony

Staff member
I have to correct you there. You said "make sure you have smoke"... The correct answer is, make sure you have a LOT of smoke lmao. Best thing to do is check it with a temp gun. You should NEVER exceed 200º, just like with the truck, even though the truck likes to run a LOT hotter than that.

As for "are you capable"? You damn right you are. It's nto that hard, you just need to make sure you get the max power out of it without over heating it. There should be a LOT of smoke coming out of the exhaust, but not enough to where it dies when you hit throttle hold from full throttle.

Tony

Staff member
Double check that ALL the needles are at their factory settings. And make sure you have a 1mm gap in the carb if you can see in it. If not, just hold bout 10% throttle until it starts, then back it down to about 3000rpm. If you have telemetry, this is VERY easy.

Top Bottom