General heli descending

I had 3 flights indoors today which went ok but not as good as i had hoped, this raised a question that i'm not 100% sure about. To me it looked when i was level and used the rudder the heli seemed to drop height, is this me or is it a bit extra power being used goin to the rudder making the heli descend and i have to compensate for this or something else. The batteries i am using are not the best (new ones ordered). Thanks i advance - Allan

no i'm not sure, i did think about that when i was flying, its the most reasonable assumption. My brain is still half fried concentrating on keeping it in the air. It wasn't until i watched my video that made me wonder whether it was MY control or something else. Looks like i need to watch out for this and it is maybe the reason im getting it wrong. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
One thing you can do is tighten up your throttle stick and loosen your rudder just slightly. I like to keep mine a little on the firm side so that I KNOW I'm moving the sticks.

Lee

Normally when making left rudder inputs, you pull the stick slightly towards you as well. So you lose power/pitch.
Its a learning curve to not add unnecessary stick inputs. Just need to teach your thumbs to move in a slightly different plane.
An as Tony said, stick tension can help. I do this for the cyclic stick too so I don't move elevator when doing Aileron tic tocs.

Top Bottom