Heads up on ads

bigone5500

Somehow today this ad got me. Here is the link...

LINK REMOVED

It was one of the ads here on RCH. It is one that makes you force close your browser. You can't back out or anything. That is just as bad as a browser hijack IMO.

Tony I just wanted to vent on this subject and let you know what ads are being placed on your site. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for letting me know. I hate having to have ads on this site, and I REALLY HATE these kinds of ads! I have tried to remove all of those type of ads (google is full of them and it is a huge challenge to get rid of them). Sadly, there is no way I can get rid of these ads without completely closing down the site, which here lately, may be a real possibility.

Tony

Staff member
Crap, just realized, that wasn't even posted with google, that was another ad supplier on here that posts links. Where did you see this ad? Post the thread link here.

Tony

Staff member
I have removed that ad program from the forum. Sadly, this is another nail in the coffin for the site.

Tony

Staff member
I have removed the link from the first post, but still want to know what page this was found on. I have saved the link in the second thread you created though. It is in the staff section where it is secure and no one can click on it. If you intentionally posted two threads, please don't do that. I read every thread especially those like this. If this was a double post by accident, let me know and I will look into the issue.

bigone5500

It was in the thread about my reciever question. I didn't intentionally click on it but obviously did somehow. Just wanted you to know. I have ads enabled on my ad blocker but have disabled it on your site as I know it helps you. I don't do this for any other site.

I'm gonna send you a PM. Stand by.

Tony

Staff member
Cool. The ad that it was is called Viglink which puts links within posts on certain keywords. As stated, I have completely removed this from the forum. Not worth damage to my members computers.

Top Bottom