General Head speed

heli-maniac

is there a way to slow down the head speed for hovering and light flying when not in stunt mode ?

was out doing some setup on the HK450 GT and a little hovering just noticed right before the low voltage kicked in the head speed came down some and it was so much easier to hover with less head speed

Tony

Staff member
Actually the higher the head speed, the more stable it is. It's like a gyro effect. But, if you really want to turn it down, just adjust your throttle curve so it's lower.

heli-maniac

well maybe im thinking wrong Tony maybe the more pitch it was getting was why it seemed easier It was just trying to float and not move around like when the head speed was up but it had less pitch to so im not sure

Tony

Staff member
One thing when I was learning to fly that intimidated me and made it seem harder was the sound. When you hear the blades hauling butt, it's a little intimidating. But, when it slows down, it's not as bad. Also, slower head speed will reduce the reaction time of the heli. This may also be what you were feeling. Do you have any expo and dual rate dialed in? If so, what are your settings? We will get everything setup, and it will be like you had on a slower head speed, but with a fast head speed.

heli-maniac

i had set it like you said on 75 and 35 % on all but it was slow to reacted
so now i have it 75 and 30% on aile and elev rudd 90 and 30%
seem to be better

Tony

Staff member
That's what you have to do, find your own settings. If mine seemed a little lethargic to you, by all means find your sweet spot. Okay, I think what we can try to get you in the air is to adjust your throttle curve. Leave the pitch alone. Set the throttle to 0 25 45 65 85. This will give you about 50% throttle when hovering. If that's still too much for you, lower all settings by 5 points and try it again.

Just remember, these are not "flying" curves. When you are ready to toss it around the sky, you will need more head speed. These settings will get bogged down quite badly if you put them under a load.

Lee

I try to get a steady throttle so my heli isn't get pitch and throttle changes at the same time. My heli in Normal mode is set to 0,45 65 80 80 so above mid stick at hover point the throttle is constant. Then you are just altering the pitch. The heli doesn't tend to bounce up and down then. But each heli is different and each person too.

heli-maniac

i think it will be fine were its at i just need moor flying time once every 2 weeks is a real bummer
at least its getting in the air not like my E crash O erazor 450 but hey the erazor is coming around with its new v2 head and new servos and set on the dx6i just waiting on a male deans plug to come in to finish it up and get it out and beat it up again lol

Top Bottom