450 Head build

Hiya yall..im trying to build me a good solid rotor head out of my parts pile..and im sure i have evrything to build at least 3 ..but im confused as to which parts were for what version..and what version of one shood i be using with my new cf frame set im waitn on the postman ta bring ny day now..in the pics ..the blade grips all look pretty much alike..but ther all different!?..as well as differnt sized washout arms ..control rods..swashplates..featherin shafts..ugghhhh..i cant wait ta move to a flybar setup..:/.im just confused and gettin flusterd ..any help or suggestions i would be most grateful.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

rjhenry

I'm still new at this, but I'm thinking the goal here would be to get
everything as perpendicular as you can. Right angles seem to be key.
Work your way up from the swash and use whatever arm gives you the
straightest link to the next ball.

Hower I would wait for the experts here to confirm or deny this.
I would like to know myself

Can I ask you what size mainframe that is and where you got it, cuz thats
just what I need to fix my Align 450. I haven't been able to find anything
but complete kits.

Tony

Staff member
That is a 450 size frame. It's bases off the align 450 SE V2. And I would do what he stated. Just do a dry fit and make sure everything is lining up correctly.

yea..ur right on the frame tony..rj..i found the frame on ebay..i only buy from u.s. sellers..and that was the best deal i found ..i will add the3 link for it. i have already built two heads..and evidently i had summin mixed up cuz i coodnt get my blade grips to tighten up after installing the feathrn shaft..and i know i had all my washers and thrust bearings in ..i rekon ima just have ta keep pluggin away at er lol..i wont give up cuz i just love flying too much lol thanx fer the advice tho fellers..i apprciate it!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIGN-T-REX...355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf50c2803

- - - Updated - - -

hey tony..u rekon this will be suffice in keepin my hind end planted? i just my budget fer the rebilud wasnt much and this looked like a good deal fer the money..i prolly shooda already asked before i orderd it huh? lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMAX-ES08MD-12g-2-0kg-10sec-High-speed-Mini-Metal-Gear-Digital-Servo-ES08MDII-/280787352289?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Tony

Staff member
I hate to say this bro, but that servo is not going to work very well on the tail. But, with that said, you can use it, just be ready for some drift that you have to account for.

The servo has a .12 second 60º time which is pretty slow now days. You want something around the .08 second range. If I can find some new servos for my V2, I have a tail servo that is very cheap and works pretty well. still trying to get it dialed in with an Align gyro though.

But again, go ahead and use it and see what it does. Remember this though, the tail doesn't need to be metal gear. There isn't much torque on that little guy.

Oh, and as for the grips not tightening up, did you put the little spacer/washers in there? I'm talking very little. And very thin.

rjhenry

Hay bignatertater78 Thanks a ton for the link. it said it was for the 450XL and that is what I have/had.
I ordered one and she may fly again thanks to you.

Tony help this guy as much as you can LOL

No prob rj.glad ta help..and look whar i didnt see on the front porch this afternoon! The mail man hid it underneath the dam porch swing on me...dirty sucker lol It even comes with a tail drive gear..it didnt show that

image.jpg

murankar

Staff member
If you want a solid tail servo that won't break the bank. Kst ds215mg, about $25 USD for the servo.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

rjhenry

Hay bignatertater78 How's your build coming. I ordered that same frame and can't believe how fast it got here.

CAM00183.jpg

CAM00182.jpg

Now I just need to replace all the stuff I stole from it (servos, esc, motor... lol)

CAM00183.jpg

CAM00182.jpg

hey there rj...yea mine came 2 days sooner than the est. delivery day ..which didnt hurt my feelings a bit! lol..yea i got er built..i tried a couple different combinations of various head parts and finally got me a solid one..no slop in grips..thats what i was fightin..but yea..shes built..fixn ta put the frank-n-head on..lol..i tell ya..it looks like a true hillbilly put the thing tagether lol...oh wait..it was! lol

Top Bottom