Hawkeye Firefly 6S 4K Sport Camera

Smoggie

I just picked up one of these from BangGood. I don't usually follow the latest development in action cams but I saw a video posted on Youtube and was blown away with the quality and this is the cam he was using. It's 4K but probably more important for my purpose (head cam) its got built in gyro stabilisation. for the price it seems like a steal: Hawkeye Firefly 6S 4K Sport FHD DV 16M CMOS WiFi Waterproof Camera (Quick Time Player Required) Sale - Banggood.com

Firefly_6S.jpg

It's coming from China so will be a couple of weeks before I have it.

Firefly_6S.jpg

Derek

Since getting into mini quads, I've been a huge fan of the Mobius camera. However, this camera that you're showing looks to be really good and only costs a few more dollars than a Mobius. I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to play with it.

Smoggie

I've just learned that there is a brand new '7S' version of this camera too, the update appears to be a new lens. So I ordered one of the 7S versions too!.. I can always sell the one I don't need on ebay.

I already have a Mobius which I thought was pretty good until I saw the quality of video that the Firefly produces.

Stambo

I have the Firefly 6s and I like it.
There are some things they could do better though.
I don't think it does as well as the Mobius in less than favourable lighting conditions.
The colour settings aren't as easy to tweak as the Mobius, there seems to be no PC app for tweaking.
It has wifi but the phone app is buggy and lags severely, it also seems to cut off after a certain amount of time.
4K is really not that great, frame rate is advertised at 24 fps but I don't think so, although you can clip some pretty good stills from it.
It is not brilliant but it is not GoPro price either.

Smoggie

I tried the Firefly out today, this is the very latest '7S' version which is similar to the 6S but has an LCD display on the back. It comes with a load of accessories including a waterproof enclosure and more mounting brackets than you could shake a stick at.

I'm pleased with the results, i havent tried 4K yet but the 1080P setting is pretty decent, the gyro stabilty makes a big difference:
testing new Firefly 7S camera - YouTube

Top Bottom