700 Have a rookie question?

Ron Stewart

I have just purchased an align trex 700x top combo kit. It comes with a "Beast x" flybarless system. My question is, do I need an additional full size receiver to fly this setup or can I just use 2 satellite receivers and fly with the beast x ?

Tony

Staff member
That will depend on which gyro you have. Some, like the AR7200BX, have a built in receiver for Spektrum. Some are just stand alone flybarless units and require an additional receiver.

Let us know which gyro you have and we will be able to answer a little better.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have both AR7200BX/AR7300BX and I don't use satellite receivers on either one. I have no problems with reception :).

Geena

Staff member
I think that kit comes with a microbeast Plus, which does not have an internal receiver like the AR7200BX and the AR7300BX. If it does come with the microbeast plus, I would definitely get a full range receiver...with satellites to go with it...especially since it`s going on a 700. That`s a big helicopter to be gambling with the chance of a signal loss. That`s just my opinion.

Ron Stewart

That will depend on which gyro you have. Some, like the AR7200BX, have a built in receiver for Spektrum. Some are just stand alone flybarless units and require an additional receiver.

Let us know which gyro you have and we will be able to answer a little better.
I have the micro beastx plus!

Ron Stewart

I think that kit comes with a microbeast Plus, which does not have an internal receiver like the AR7200BX and the AR7300BX. If it does come with the microbeast plus, I would definitely get a full range receiver...with satellites to go with it...especially since it`s going on a 700. That`s a big helicopter to be gambling with the chance of a signal loss. That`s just my opinion.
Ok thanks for the advice!

Smoggie

I'm assuming due to reference to satellites that you have a Spektrum Tx?

The Microbeast only supports one satellite receiver, which would definitely not be recommended for a 700. If you go with a 'full' receiver it's much better to go for one that has SRXL or SRXL2 output. This means that you can use a single wire between the FBL and Rx, which saves a lot of wiring 'clutter' and is also necessary if you want to use the FBL governor. For SRXL2 a special cable may be required to connect between the SRXL2 output on the Rx and the side input on the Microbeast.. Check the online manual.

Or scroll down to bottom of this page for SRXL2 wiring:

Last edited:

Ron Stewart

I'm assuming due to reference to satellites that you have a Spektrum Tx?

The Microbeast only supports one satellite receiver, which would definitely not be recommended for a 700. If you go with a 'full' receiver it's much better to go for one that has SRXL or SRXL2 output. This means that you can use a single wire between the FBL and Rx, which saves a lot of wiring 'clutter' and is also necessary if you want to use the FBL governor. For SRXL2 a special cable may be required to connect between the SRXL2 output on the Rx and the side input on the Microbeast.. Check the online manual.

Or scroll down to bottom of this page for SRXL2 wiring:
Great information thanks for your help

Ron Stewart

Ok I just read the information that you provided in the 2 attachments above. They have convinced me to leave the "beastx plus " alone and buy another icon2 that I am familiar with. Yes my RX is a spektrum dx7 2nd gen.

Ron Stewart

Thanks for the help, the beastx plus seems a bit complicated for me. I currently use icon2 fbl with 2 sat receivers on most of my heli's. I will buy another icon2 because I feel comfortable with their set up. I will sell the beastx plus!

Admiral

There is nothing wrong with MicrobeastX Plus the guy I fly with uses them exclusively and has the setup down to a fine art, I fly iKon exclusively mainly because I found it difficult having 2 or 3 different Gyros and iKon suit me. Stick with what you know, after 4 or 5 years you still find hidden gems in the iKon software but the basic setup is like riding a bike.

Ron Stewart

Thanks for your response, all of my prior heli builds have been with the ikon2, I feel comfortable with the set up, so I will stick with that! I only asked the question because the kit I bought came with the beastx plus. I will try to sell the beastx plus.

Smoggie

Personally I'd swap out the Microbeast too. There is nothing really 'wrong' with them, they can fly very well, but the iKon2/Brain2 is a far more up to date system with none of the quirkiness of the Microbeast.

Top Bottom