General Have a problem need some help.

mafesto74

Hello everybody.i downloaded a file from rc powers (f18 v2) & I built it with foam board from Walmart, with a super mega jet from Grayson hobby. Is the foam board with the paper cover on both sides. the one kids use for school projects. is a1/4 of an inch thick. For glue I used hot glue. Everything I did, I followed the instructions. When I tried to fly this thing it drops like a brick. Oh this is my second one the first one I painted so I thought that I spray to much paint & it was to heavy. The second one i didn't paint & it still to heavy. I'm thinking the foam board that I got is not good for this type of project. My question is. What will be a cheaper alternative to depron foam that I could get locally in my area? I new doing scratch builds & I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

murankar

Staff member
Dollar tree foam board seems to be the popular choice of foam board. Not sure if it is the same thing as the wal-mart kind. Also is the motor and prop/edf the right size for that build?

Tony

Staff member
For that plane your motor will work fine with a 6x4 prop. And I will bet the foam board is too heavy. I use the stuff from Dollar Tree and it's very light. Depron is even lighter still. Just be careful how much glue you are using and make sure you are running a 2200mah battery to keep the weight down. the dollar tree foam board is what I used to make my RCH Trainer available in the store for Free.

Top Bottom