450 Hausler 450 Pro

Capn Pete

Anybody have any ideas on this Haulser 450 Pro. This is the new model with the shaft drive. It's supposed to be an Align clone? Aluminum CNC head, carbon fiber blades... Thinking of getting one. Comes RTF. Would it be a good candidate for a scale flyer build later? Thoughts on the TX?

Admiral

Hi Pete, it is a clone of the Align 450Pro which is an older style, it still has a flybar and they have added a Torque Tube which is far less forgiving than belt drive for a beginner, no idea what servos it has but they look of lesser quality. There are plenty of FBL clones out there that may be of better value to you, one that comes to mind is the Tarot 450 FBL from Banggood you could probably get that in the air for around the same price as the Haulser, it does have a TT tail.

Tarot 450 PRO V2 DFC Flybarless Helicopter Kit

Last edited by a moderator:

Capn Pete

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Tarot. The Capn will defer to the Admiral's experience! Sorry, couldn't resist. BTW. What is TT tail. Haven't had my coffee yet this morning. The Hausler has digital servos. Have to look back to see which motor.

Capn Pete

Torque Tube. Uses a shaft with gears rather than a belt.
That figures. Next time I post, will be after coffee! Tony, sorry to hear about your back. I can empathize and know exactly how you feel. Thank God for modern pharmaceuticals.

Tony

Staff member
I have actually stopped taking the pain meds. Couldn’t sleep at night when I was on them.

Smoggie

Hope the back is better soon Tony. I can empathise because I've had something similar in the past and it's no fun at all.

Pete, as for the Hausler and similar Align clones... You do have to be prepared for some work and additional expense solving various quality problems with most of these budget price clones. If you want a heli that is straightforward to build and works faultlessly right out of the gate then they are usually best avoided. To a large extent you do get what you pay for.

Tony

Staff member
If I was talking to someone that was just starting out, I would definitely encourage them to get an Align Super Combo. It's the best bang for your buck and get you everything except the Tx and Rx.

Capn Pete

Some great advice guys. You're absolute right. Save a little on the front end and spent a lot on the back end. I'll take the Hausler out of my wish list and start looking for an Align. Thanks. I'm thinking of getting a DX TX. Anything in particular I should be looking at for the RX?

Admiral

I agree with you guys the better quality helicopters are better value in the long run and fly better, but I think Pete is like me retired and operating on a budget therefore clones are desirable. There are different quality of clones as well and the good quality ones are a very reasonable solution. I do it differently I buy good quality helicopters that are either abandoned projects or damaged and finish them off or repair them, but I love building and repairing as much as flying.

Top Bottom