has anyone got an inflatable Kayak

im wondering if anyone has got an inflatable Kayak and what there opinions are of them...

ive seen this on ebay and want one to try and get my sunken Heli back out the pond. also use it when we go away in our motorhome..

fanx

Derek

I'm sorry, Tony...I've not seen anything like that before....but now that I have seen it, I sure do want one. That's pretty cool!!!

Derek

I would have no hesitation buying something like this. I think it would work very well for you and your current situation, as well as vacationing later on.....just be real careful with your grappling hook. Hooks and Inflatables don't always agree with each other.

I would have no hesitation buying something like this. I think it would work very well for you and your current situation, as well as vacationing later on.....just be real careful with your grappling hook. Hooks and Inflatables don't always agree with each other.

I'm going to use a garden rake as Woody suggested, cover more ground, but yeah I'll be careful, don't fancy swimming in that water...lol

- - - Updated - - -

I've ordered it, buga it, need my heli back even if it's useless and never flies again...lol, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday next week..

sarconastic

BLack warrior that one will work fine for the job your doing here, whether it will perform well in later vetures depends on your needs. If just a little kayaking around on lake water, very little vegetation yeah it will work fine. But the price you pay with the cheaper inflatables, and by cheaper I mean under $200US, is in energy, it takes more to move and maneuver them. we loved a couple $400 units but couldn't justify the price. But for the occasional kayaker that one is one of the best for the buck. I demoed out about 30 of them in a show this spring and we decided on a different model but that one came in a close second. We went with the Intex Explorer K2.

Hope you get that heli back with it.

Woody

Lee

I had that exact one, when I was touring round Australia, in my van.
It was great for just pottering around on bits of water I came across.
Went fishing in it a few times on some lakes.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony, I have paddled these before:) They are ok for what you need:) I have imagesCAW8MIC3.jpgimagesCA84C54U.jpg
these two kayaks for white water:)

I have paddled an inflatable in white water but they have a tendancy to collapse as they are not rigid.
A local company Vertical Descents use them.

As with all things you get what you pay for:) Dont forget bouyancy aids also:)

imagesCAW8MIC3.jpg

imagesCA84C54U.jpg

Hey guys, thanks for all the tips, well I've ordered one. If it gets my heli back then it's paid for really, even if the heli never flies again.."lol

That K2 looks good Woody...

Thanks guys

sarconastic

I just saw that amazon has the K2 on sale for $109.99 US Shipped . I ordered another one. It will be here next week. LOL

Thanks Black warrior for making me look. That is an amazing deal. Now the whole family can go.

Woody

Top Bottom