Harbor Freight Score

bigone5500

So I went to harbor freight today. I set out with 25% off coupon in hand to purchase a new ac/dc clamp meter. Up to the counter I went with my pick ticket and the cashier rung up the meter. $99 it was. So I said I have a coupon code to add and commenced to rattling off the numbers. She told me that I can't use that coupon on that item. I'm like....WTF????? It seems that anything that is premium or over a certain price, they do not let you use a discount coupon. It is listed on the coupon itself what brands are excluded from the discount. So I really didn't make a big deal out of it and was mere seconds from just walking out. I was kinda P.O.'d about it and mentioned to her that it seems that you can't use coupons on anything over $100, and I was really just joking around. So she said she could give it to me for $89 under a customer satisfaction code. Turns out she wasn't really supposed to do that. But she already did and that's what I paid. I picked up another silver aluminum case for $18.99 and got a blue LED flashlight for not a single red cent.

I've not opened the meter officially so I will post back later with my opinions of it.

BTW: I got the 1000A AC/DC model.

Tony

Staff member
That is some BS because you can use that coupon on a $200 sand blasting cabinet.

bigone5500

I don't understand what the big deal is on the new brands they carry that are supposed to be competing with the 'name brands' out there. This meter is an Ames brand and is nothing special. The only thing I can think of is they don't have a very good profit margin with these new names. Either way, I guess I did pretty good with $10 off. Otherwise I'd have walked out empty handed.

murankar

Staff member
I do.t who or there much.but I really want to try the a.c./dc current meter. I can't see spending over a 150 for one of those. The manufacturers are very proud of them.

bigone5500

The 1000A ames I bought is as accurate as fluke. I tested them side by side at work on a 480v circuit.

Top Bottom