Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Tony

Staff member
I would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. I know I have a lot to be thankful for these days. Mostly Family and Friends being around. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

What are you doing for Turkey Day?

murankar

Staff member
Working nights tonight and tomorrow.

Tony I wish the best for you tomorrow and for as long as time allows.

RCH: for those of us who celebrate Thanksgiving have a great turkey day.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
It will spoil you for sure. I miss my 4 day weekends. This truly sucks but hey its going to pay well. I get time and a half plus 8 hours of holiday at the same time. This pay check is going to be nice.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

callsign4223

Staff member
I get a 9 day vacation. 4 days of its driving, but it's been a blast getting to reconnect with family we don't get to see often.

Rico

here we dont have thanks giving, so it is just a day like anyother :)
but i will go fly if the wheater alow's it :)

Tony

Staff member
I wish there was a way to separate out the different countries in the emails, but it would require a lot of work. Thanks for posting though! I'm trying to wake up before all the madness begins lol.

hoverinabout

We dont have ThanksGiving here in the UK. But to all my US RC heli flying (and other RCers) colleagues, hope you have a good un and get out there and fly!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We all go through good times and bad times. I give thanks to family and friends for these times. Life is to short, so enjoy your day. Remember," Every day above ground is a good day! :)" Take care and thanks RCH gang.

jrbrandon

hi, happy thanksgiving to all and for tony get well soon. the best to you, family. and friends. we miss you and thank you for the help you have given everyone.

orton21

Well I'm currently deployed to Kuwait and spent my thanksgiving with my brothers and sisters in arms. i wish i could have spent it with my wife and kids but its ok i will next year. i wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Tony

Staff member
Stay safe over there bro. I know they say the war is over, but I'm hearing otherwise from those that are still there. Happy Thanksgiving.

WyDiablo

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at Rc-Help and I will try to do a little FPV since I have completely redone my system I just hope there isn't any yard darts today lolol

murankar

Staff member
Well I'm currently deployed to Kuwait and spent my thanksgiving with my brothers and sisters in arms. i wish i could have spent it with my wife and kids but its ok i will next year. i wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

been there and done that twice so I know how it feels. Happy thanksgiving. Enjoy Arifjan its better than most places over there. Get home safe.

Tony

Staff member
Today was a great day. Spent some time with the family and had some great food. This year, we decided to do 3 different turkeys. My grandma did her usual baked turkey, and I fried one and smoked one. I woke up at about 0430 and fired up the smoker (after an adequate amount of coffee of course lol) and got the wood doing. Unfortunately, I had whole logs and no ax. So I had to get my biggest framing hammer to split the wood. When all else fails, swing harder lol.

I put that turkey on at about 0730 when I got the temp stabilize and let her just sit there and smoke. I did have an issue with the smoker getting up to about 450ºf at one point when the wind changed directions, but that actually worked out well. At about 1130, I pulled it off the smoker and let it rest.

At that time, I had the other turkey seasoned and the oil heated so I dumped it in the oil. An hour later, it was done and time to eat.

So with 3 turkeys, I was curious to see what one would win out with everyone. The baked turkey has not even had the aluminum foil taken off of it. No one touched it.

The fried turkey has seen better days, but there is still a little left.

The smoked turkey, you will be lucky to find a single bit of meat left on it.

so all in all, the smoked turkey won out today. Everyone loves my fried turkey, but man, they KILLED the smoked turkey. I think I'm going to do a couple of them come christmas.

so all in all, it was a great day. Sadly, no flying for me since I don't have a Tx. But we did get out and toss around the baseball and football with everyone. That was fun and almost broke out into an all out tackle football game lmao. That would have been fun.

I hope all of you had as good of a time as I did. Quite honestly, I needed this. Some days off, great company and just all around having a good time.

Lee

Glad you had a good day. I had a good day too, but for other reasons. I actually got some work for the first time in a few weeks.
So a little money in the back pocket :)
Was an awesome day. Storm after storm passed over me as I stood in the middle of a lagoon, teaching my student.
The sun appeared briefly between storms and created the most amazing double rainbow.
If only I had had a camera.

Tony

Staff member
Right on bro. I know you have had a hard time finding work this year and surely wish you the best of luck. Can't believe you found a student to teach at the end of November though lol.

Top Bottom