Spektrum Had To Open Up My DX9...

Tony

Staff member
Yesterday I was working on the quads and I had my DX9 sitting on the work bench. Well, with the lack of space in here, I hit the table and knocked the DX9 off. I tested everything and everything seemed to be okay. Today, I grab the Tx to go out and do some flying on the QX95 and the rudder stick was stuck and there was a notch at low throttle. I have babied this Tx since the day I got it just to drop it and screw up the rudder stick.

So I pulled it apart. It's interesting how you take these apart. You have to remove the top antenna housing, remove the 6 screws and it comes apart. No need to remove the rubber on the side like the DX8 had (gen 1). I get in there and I had to completely pull that stick apart. The only thing that I could think of is that a bearing had become unseated causing it to bind up. Once I pushed all of the bearings back on and put it back together, it works like new.

But how much of a pain in the ass is it that this even happened in the first place. Just goes to show how this day is going. Shouldn't have flown lol. Ended up breaking the frame on the QX95...

Tony

Staff member
The last two Tx's that I had were also dropped. First was the DX6i and it broke a switch. Second was my DX8 and it broke a switch. When this DX9 fell, I had stuff in my hands and couldn't catch it so I tried to use my foot to get under it, and I did. This prevented it from slamming into the ground, but apparently not enough to keep it from breaking something. But like you said, I'm just glad that it didn't actually break anything beyond repair. Really don't want to replace a $500 Tx lmao.

Top Bottom