Quad H250 Mini Quad coming to Spain :)

Lee

Just ordered a mini quad.
Its the same as Graham and Stambo ordered, just from a different store. MYRCMART.
At $17 for the frame, I couldn't say no.
Its Carbon, but they didn't have the picture of the carbon one, so I put up the Glass fibre one.
That is only $10!!!!!

RCX-H250GF-P1-RCX-H250GF-FPV-Quadcopter-Glass-Fiber-EMAX-RCT-RCTIMER-H250-01.jpg

Also ordered the new RCX 2400KV motors. More powerful than the original RCX 2300KV
4 motors and 16 props for $37

RCX-1806-2-2300KV-Micro-Outrunner-Brushless-Motor-Multi-Rotor-Mini-Quad-RCT-RCTIMER-TM-T-MOTOR-06.jpg

And the RCX 12A ESCs $6 each

RCX07-272-RCX-12A-Sky-SimonK-Firmware-Brushless-ESC-for-Multicopter-02.jpg

So for $78 I have a great little Mini quad.
The motors and ESCs are rated to 4S, so I'm not sure what to get. 3 or 4S

I will be using one of my Open pilot boards to control this.
Cant wait :D

Last edited:

Lee

Hey Kev,
Is Butt Welsh for Bud, because all the Americans must think I have a nice behind :D LOL

Stambo

The miniquad craze continues. :)
I am sure you will love it.

I did my first FPV flight with mine yesterday, low and slow.
I got it on the mobius but when I looked back through it, it was pretty boring so I probably won't bother to upload it.

I must say I am really liking the Naze32 FC.
It feels so much more positive than the KK2.
So much so that I may try to flip it in the future. :)
It has angle mode that limits tilt to 50 deg which I mainly use at the moment.
Then there is horizon mode that self levels at center stick but keeps rotating at high deflection.
Bit of a safety net I hope. :)

Lee

My friend has his all ready now, but was having problems setting up his Open Pilot board.
I went round to give him a hand, and 5mins on the computer, all was ready.
I got a quick flight on it. Now I'm dying for mine to arrive.
Setting we put in were super stable, even with the gusty wind.
Here is my friend Inakis first flight attempt.

[video]https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110194379681839293507/albums/6055294338523648337/6055294339475965122[/video]

Last edited:

Lee

You are using the Nase32 Graham.
As far as I know, the default values for this are pretty close.
There are many online settings to try. Just search Nase32 settings for miniquad.

Here are some I found.

Roll and Pitch
P: 3.5 - 4.5
I: 0.030 - 0.050
D: up to 50

Yaw.
P gain for yaw are normally around 8-10, I around 0.050, and D can be between 0 and 10.

Stambo

I can confirm the stock naze32 PIDs work fine to get started although you may want to go in to the baseflight configurator and set up a switch for flight modes. I also increased the yaw rate a bit and turned on motor stop so that the motors don't start spinning when you arm it.
On angle mode (autolevel) it is really stable but still good to throw around. It has a maximum tilt of 50 degrees.
Horizon mode is similar, it will self level but at full stick deflection it will rotate past 50 degrees and flip.
Rate mode is just that, it should stay where you put it. (Have not tried this yet.)

I know people who have just hooked this board up and flown it at default which is rate mode and it flies fine.

Graham Lawrie

Great info Lee and Stambo:) I got an email to say that she is on her way:)

I had a nightmare trying to set up Camerons quad on arduino, so I am hoping it's easier on this one. Certainly the videos of the programming look good:)

Stambo

I have set up a few and the Naze32 using baseflight configurator was by far the easiest.
Mind you I have probably learned a bit since my first KK2 :)

Top Bottom