500 gyro

buel williams

Hi folks hope you all are doing well I was thinking trying an ikon2 on a new kaken 580 I have used spm 7200,s in the past whith no problems I have saw where there are tail wobble and vibration with that gyro can any one tell me if it is wrorth it

Tony

Staff member
Tail wobbles with an Ikon gyro? Unless it was in a very hard crash, I do not see the gyro being the cause of the tail issues. More than likely it was a slow tail servo or binding in the tail. The Ikon, Ikon 2, Brain, any flavor of that gyro you can think of, is a solid gyro! I would not hesitate to put it on anything, which is why Ikon is in Murphy (600 Nitro) and in the Goblin, as well as other helicopters I have. Very good gyro's.

Admiral

Hi Buel, if by wobble you mean a vertical type bounce (called bobble) go to you Advance Menu / Setup / Tail and increase the Derivate Gain a couple of points that normally improves or fixes it, if it makes it worse then decrease it. Make sure you only make very small adjustments.

Increasing the head speed can also make a difference, if it is a bit low.

buel williams

Tail wobbles with an Ikon gyro? Unless it was in a very hard crash, I do not see the gyro being the cause of the tail issues. More than likely it was a slow tail servo or binding in the tail. The Ikon, Ikon 2, Brain, any flavor of that gyro you can think of, is a solid gyro! I would not hesitate to put it on anything, which is why Ikon is in Murphy (600 Nitro) and in the Goblin, as well as other helicopters I have. Very good gyro's.
thank you tony I was just asking I am not use to computer set up but thought I might give it a try I have seen your video on setup looks easy

Tony

Staff member
Ikon setup is quite easy software wise. You will like it, it's a gyro that "just works" as long as the mechanical setup is good.

buel williams

Hi Buel, if by wobble you mean a vertical type bounce (called bobble) go to you Advance Menu / Setup / Tail and increase the Derivate Gain a couple of points that normally improves or fixes it, if it makes it worse then decrease it. Make sure you only make very small adjustments.

Increasing the head speed can also make a difference, if it is a bit low.
thanks admiral just asking trying something diffrent

Tony

Staff member
Yes, any Micro USB cable will work as long as it is not for charging only (like comes with some phones and other peripherals). If it will carry data, and is micro USB, it can be used.

buel williams

Yes, any Micro USB cable will work as long as it is not for charging only (like comes with some phones and other peripherals). If it will carry data, and is micro USB, it can be used.
thanks you guys are the best when I get stomped you guys really help me a lot thank you

Top Bottom