450 GYRO QUESTION...

Rob Lancaster

Hi all,
Does anyone know why my Futaba GY520 gyro's light blinks violet half the time at power up, (connecting the battery)?
It also blinks violet half the time while I'm flying? That is to say, when I land and the heli is completely stopped, the light is blinking violet and not a solid red like with a proper boot up.
It seems to be still locked in flight.
What do you guys think? Am I one blink away from catastrophe?
Thanks and I hope everyone's having a nice holiday weekend!
Rob...

Geena

Staff member
The manual says that one violet flash means it`s in all analog, non digital servo mode. If it`s a slow violet flash (1/2 second between flashes) it means Offset from the neutral position. Here is where I found the manual. Hope this helps. I have never used one of these, so I don`t know much about them.

FUTABA GY520 INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download.

Rob Lancaster

The manual says that one violet flash means it`s in all analog, non digital servo mode. If it`s a slow violet flash (1/2 second between flashes) it means Offset from the neutral position. Here is where I found the manual. Hope this helps. I have never used one of these, so I don`t know much about them.

FUTABA GY520 INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download.
Thanks Geena' I have the manual and saw that and made sure the gyro was in the heading hold mode. But still sometimes the light starts red and then sometimes it begins to blink violet after that. I think something isn't right..

Top Bottom