FBL Gyro Gyro problems

Scdl

i have an Blade 450 3d when I bind the unit the gyro blinks and then light goes out gyro Does not respond I changed the receiver the esc the gyro and still the same thing I took a working gyro off another unit that I know is good and still the same thing I even changed the tail servo still the same please what am I missing here

Tony

Staff member
If it's blinking, then that means something is not centered. Make sure you have not moved the trim tab and that it's still in the center. Also, try not to use too much sub-trim to adjust the blades.

I have moved this to the gyro section.

Scdl

When I bind the gyro should blink and then stay laminated I even tried binding to another model set up and still the same Maby I don't understand what could not be centered I always keep my sub trim to a minimum

Tony

Staff member
Try this. Turn your Tx on and plug in the battery on the heli. Look at the gyro and slowly move your rudder stick until you see it go solid. If it never goes solid, try moving the aileron and elevator and see if that makes it go solid.

Tony

Staff member
Just did some reading on this gyro. Make sure you are in HH mode in your Tx. From what I read, Rate mode will cause it to blink.

One thing you can try is to make sure you have rate and HH mode setup in your Tx and toggle 3 times quickly between rate and HH mode, ending in HH mode and this should set the gyro back to HH and also let it know where center is on your Tx. At least that is what I'm reading anyway. Wish I had one to play with so that I could test this out myself.

Top Bottom