FBL Gyro Gyro No Power

I know there's a lot of videos on the 3gx but I just hooked one up out of the box plugged everything in just like your video said and there's absolutely no power to the satellite no nothing so I'm wondering do I hook it up to the computer first and do something

Tony

Staff member
Make sure if you are using a single satellite that you are plugged into port 2, not port 1. And also verify polarity of your power in.

I think I was in Port too but I'm not sure I'm at Walmart trying to buy a USB extension what a joke do you know where to get one and then I'll be going home to see what port the satellites in thanks

Tony

Staff member
best place is on newegg.com. BestBuy may have them as well if you have one local. Walmart is hit or miss on what they have and you can rest assured they will be chinese crap if they do have them. Walmart, the banggood and gearbest of the USA lmao.

Tony

Staff member
All you need is 2.0 unless you want to hook up a 3.0 to it. The 3GX dongle doesn't need a lot of speed.

I just ordered my new extension I got the 3.0 and I sent from newegg.com it should be here in a few days. I have been staring at this T-Rex 250 for a month-and-a-half trying to figure out where I'm going to put the wires I finally got all the wires in place I got the tape on the gyro installed I'm just waiting for my extension for the USB ,wow wouldn't that be cool Wireless. (THOUGHT). I think I still got a flash the gyro to 5.0 but I'll wait for my USB cord

Tony

Staff member
I highly suggest you start out on 2.1! It is the only version that doesn't have issues. 3.1 tips if you leave it on the ground, 4 has tail issues and 5 has tail issues. Try 2.1 first, get a feel for it, and then, if you just need to update because "reasons", then give it a shot now that you know what the helicopter is supposed to do.

Tony

Staff member
I honestly can't remember if you have to power the unit or not. It's been a while and my helicopter is out in the studio. But make sure you uninstall whatever version you have on your computer, delete the 3GX folder from ProgramFilesx86 (might be under Align) and then install the 2.1 software. Once you do that, then connect the 3GX and update it.

This is just totally frustrating I absolutely do not know how to do it earlier I put the disc in I downloaded the wizard of whatever and you know it says it's complete everything's installed and I turned it off pulled the disc out later I go to turn it on I hit the icon that's on my screen and nothing absolutely happens okay now you want me to change the firmware I don't know how absolutely don't know how to do it if you can make a video from putting the disc in the computer showing exactly how to update the firmware it would be greatly appreciated. Are you sure there is on dumb questions hahaha. Sorry man

I cannot believe how fast you got back to me. I have a storage where I work on the helicopters I actually closed it down and left, going to chill for about 30 minutes and turn around and go right back yeah that video it looks very very helpful. So when I did click on the 3-g X icon on my desktop it should open the file. I mean once you load that disc onto your computer you no longer lead that disc correct

Tony

Staff member
To install the software from teh computer, you will not use a disk at all. Throw that disk in the trash lol. All versions are available here on the forum where I showed in the Article section. As for how fast, It is not an edited video, and I was already sitting at my editing computer where I could shoot the video real quick. The quality is not that great as well lol.

Top Bottom