380/420 Gyro help please?

Blade 400

I would really appreciate some help with this issue please.
My Stock Blade 400 Gyro (GY110) continues flashing during the bind process, receiver light is solid? Just not sure if she is bound properly and if I have a Gyro problem? I have a DX6i Transmitter.
Thanks
Derek

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I tried to find a manual for that gyro, and was unsuccessful. If you have one, save it as a .zip file and upload it here please so we can see it.

From what I could find, it may be in your best interests to upgrade that gyro. It doesn't have the best reputation.

Blade 400

I tried to find a manual for that gyro, and was unsuccessful. If you have one, save it as a .zip file and upload it here please so we can see it.

From what I could find, it may be in your best interests to upgrade that gyro. It doesn't have the best reputation.
Thanks Tony, I really appreciate your advice. I found some info on this Gyro in the Blade 400 manual
Gyro Initialization, Response Test And Adjustment - E-FLITE Blade 400 3D Manual [Page 14] | ManualsLib
I will upgrade it as I understand that a better Gyro and Servos, especially on the tail, will help me learn quicker as a beginner

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I'm pretty sure that is a piezoelectric gyro, which is greatly affected by temperature changes such as setting up inside, and going outside. If you are able to get it going, and I hope you can so you can get it in the air, let it sit outside for about 10-15 minutes to acclimate to the outside temp. It will help it be a little more stable.

Once you get a change, get a MEMS gyro as they are not affected by temp, and are far more stable.

Blade 400

Yea, I'm pretty sure that is a piezoelectric gyro, which is greatly affected by temperature changes such as setting up inside, and going outside. If you are able to get it going, and I hope you can so you can get it in the air, let it sit outside for about 10-15 minutes to acclimate to the outside temp. It will help it be a little more stable.

Once you get a change, get a MEMS gyro as they are not affected by temp, and are far more stable.
Cheers Tony, I will upgrade the Gyro. I need to watch and follow your videos for setting up the DX6I and Collective Pitch Helicopters :thumbsup:

Rackman

I would really appreciate some help with this issue please.
My Stock Blade 400 Gyro (GY110) continues flashing during the bind process, receiver light is solid? Just not sure if she is bound properly and if I have a Gyro problem? I have a DX6i Transmitter.
Thanks
Derek
Hello there say after binding..have you unpluged everything and pulled bind plug,,then pluged everything back in ..it should be solid then

Blade 400

Hello there say after binding..have you unpluged everything and pulled bind plug,,then pluged everything back in ..it should be solid then
Thanks Rackman, I`ll try that :thumbsup:

I`m putting all electronics on a new (old stock) pre-built Blade 400 at the moment, so will have to setup the Gyro, Receiver and Servo`s on her :biglaugh:

Are you still flying B400`s?

Happy Flying!

Rackman

yes I fly the blade 400 ..it;s a good beginner real Agile..for sure I'm not a flyer like these younger gent's but i enjoy flying a lot. hope that salved your problem there and it didn't turn out to be serious..

Top Bottom