600 gyro gain agustment

orton21

hey everyone, I need some help. I have been trying to set my gain on my tx (dx7i) and I cant seem to get my tail to stop waging. I have tried everything that I can think of from strapping down my 3gx to making sure my slider is smooth and free of any kind of binding. I have a trex 550e dfc. what would be a good starting point on the gyro gain setting and is there anything else that I can try to august to get my tail to be solid. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I have a dx7s my bad

Tony

Staff member
There are a couple ways that you have to do this with teh 3GX. If you are using a separate Rx like the AR7200 with the 3GX, then your gyro channel is 5. If you are using satellite Rx's only, then your gyro channel is 7, or Aux2. Either way, in the gyro menu on the DX7s, you will need to set your channel to the appropriate channel. Default I believe is 5, or gear, and if you are running satellites, you will need to change that to Aux2. I set the switch to the gear switch just so I can have 3 positions, but you can pick any switch you want to adjust it.

Once you have your channel set, you can test it by setting position 0 (on the switch) to +35% and position 1 to -35%. When you are in position 0, you should have a green status light on the 3GX (heading hold mode, what you want to fly in) and position 1 should have a red light (Rate Mode). Hope this helps.

Jas777

Tony, did you say that if you have a receiver with a satellite as in like the one I have on my heli Ar5200 the gyro needs to be set to Ax2 my Tx is Dx9, thanks if so have not heard this before. smile

Tony

Staff member
AR5200? That is a very old Rx. I highly suggest upgrading to the AR6210 at the minimum.

However, if you are using the DX9, then all you need to do is install a satellite Rx into the 3GX (if that is the gyro you are using) and then you will put your gyro gain on Aux2.

However if you are using a separate Rx, then your gyro gain will be on Channel 5, or the Gear channel.

Jas777

Tony its a Ar6200 with sat. ,u gyro is an align gp750. I have put it to the gear switch. as the sat rx is cabled to the ar6200 what is the ax2 for. sorry a bit confused by your answer.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, you are running a helicopter with a flybar. Okay, that changes things. Sorry to confuse you.

With your setup, Aux2 needs not to be worried about. You will only use the first 6 channels. Set your gain channel to 5, or GEAR, so into your gyro channel and take it off inhibit and change it to what ever switch you wish. The, give it a positive number and test fly it. If it is not locked in, or wags really slow, raise the number. If it has a very fast wag, then lower the number. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom