450 gyro delima

hawk-i

Hey guys I just recently bought a align trex 540 pro dfc off e-bay that had no electronics with it. So I have bought everything one part at a time. First I got the align rcm-bl4mx 3400 kv motor. Then I got the align bl35p speed controller. Then 3 ds415m servos and a ds520 tail servo. The only thing left I think is the gyro. My question is being on a limited budget should I get the align 3gx that I have heard has a problem resetting in flight or a tarot zyx that I have been advised by some to buy. Or is there another option reasonably priced that would do a good job. I'm not in to hard 3d flight. Just flight. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

Staff member
The AR7200BX that is in the for sale section here on the forum is a GREAT gyro. As is the Ikon that the same member is selling. the BX you do NOT need a computer to program it, but the ikon you DO need a computer. Both are GREAT gyros. The Align 3GX IS a good gyro, you just need to get the settings right. And yes, we will help you with it. But, for $150 for the BX, you just can't beat that price.

I would NOT get the zyx. You have put top grade electronics in this so far, why cheap out on the last part?

junior10

+1 for the bx, i put one in my rex 450 dfc and love it. i have to say this is the nicest heli i've ever owned. i use a dx6i and have no problems using the ar7200bx what so ever.

hawk-i

well by the time I got home from work and got some money in my pay pal account the AR7200bx for 150 was gone. So I guess I'll just wait around for another one to go up for sale. Now that I read the reviews on the bx I don't think I want anything else. guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for another one.

hawk-i

ok got the AR7200bx off ebay for 188. guess that was as good as I could have done. Or maybe not but in any case it's on the way.

hawk-i

Thanks and yes you are right. The fine print on the e-bay add said the gyro was a brand new one that had been taken off a blade 300x right out of the box. It also said that if you were putting it on another 300x that no programing would have to be done but if it were going on anything else that 75% of the programing was already done for you. Does that sound right?

Tony

Staff member
That sounds pretty accurate, but I HIGHLY suggest that you go through the WHOLE setup and double check everything.

hawk-i

Thanks, I will. I thought I saw some build videos on here for the align 450 pro dfc but can't seem to find them now. Oh and one more thing, I tried to watch your video on thread locker and all I could get was the audio and no picture unless I took my mouse pointer and followed the progress icon. Even then it was just one frame after another and not a video. Any suggestions?

Westy

LEGEND
+1 to Tony...... then you know you are 1000% sure it will do what it is supposed to do when you put all your trust in it and spool up!

hawk-i

Yes I have plenty of time to build the trex fbl. I'll just fly my blade 400 and 450 until my gyro come's in. I need the practice any way. Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom