FBL Gyro gy 520

gaurdian

does anyone know anything about a gyro gy520 I bought a align 500 esp used and I few a dozen times a little wag I couldn't get to stop sometimes it would be rock solid and most of the time not last night flew it and 5 min into flight just hovering it start to go into a spin like crazy I hit the ground to hard not used to a heli with this kind of size and power...so thinking this might not be the best gyro for this heli but I have no idea....
I can't find anything wrong with the heli before flight or after the only thing I can't find is a rotor blade and grip it broke the screw off nothing bent at all? but broke the frame hitting the ground to hard, I got scared and slammed it strait down.. and it's no where in sight I keep thinking it might have broke off in flight and started this spin but don't really know for sure ..... I did buy this used and he sold it because of his last crash so might be thinking it might have been a cracked screw for the grip? because you would think the tail rotor hub would be bent and it's like new,,,

Lee

When ever buying second hand, I would strip it down completely and build like a new heli.
You just never know what the last owner did to it.
Then you are 100% sure about your heli.
I have had the tail grips fly off on a couple of occasions on my old 500 due to vibrations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom