Guess what?

Graham Lawrie

Oops. ....to excited...20131212_180451.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20131212_180556.jpg
It's even more smaller than I thought. ......some negatives to. ..

- - - Updated - - -

And now my phone plays up!!!!!
More pics to follow.
Summary:
Package nice:)
Instructions: Go to website:(
Tail boom :square?
Tail fin: Squint in box. Looks poor:(
Canopy: If you have watched the videos I now know why they all struggled with the canopy putting it on:( If you have sausage fingers like me. ....
More to follow:)
It feels quality. .....

20131212_180451.jpg

20131212_180556.jpg

20131212_180728.jpg

Graham Lawrie

I've not even unwrapped it. One of my Engineers crushed his hand so on a major downer.

I will try and put more on and maiden tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

20131212_181946.jpg

More to follow. .......

- - - Updated - - -

20131212_182012.jpg
Just removed from the base.......this feels strong and quality:)

20131212_181946.jpg

20131212_182012.jpg

Graham Lawrie

Canopy is easier to put on than I thought. There are 4 gromits which helps align them (no pun intended)
Going to download the manual now????

Tony

Staff member
I'm quite disappointed in the paint job on that canopy. Hate dot matrix crap lmao. Can't wait to see it in the air from a "real" flyer, not those freaks that can make a turd fly hahaha.

Slobberdog

Yeah it's all well and good to see those that can fly it 3d in a shoe box, but nice to see reports of people that are not so good,

People are reporting some issues but Dino is watching the threads well and seeing what's causing issues, so I would think there will be new parts being released quick from Align,

I am still really tempted though, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Graham I'm not rushing you BTW, just messing, do hope your colleague is ok though,

Graham Lawrie

Oh Graham I'm not rushing you BTW, just messing, do hope your colleague is ok though,( No feeling in his hand:( emergency op last night).

On a brighter note:) Landing gear appears flimsy but flexible and strong. It all looks well put together.

I tried the battery in and it was very hard to remove(sausage fingers), but you would want it to be hard to remove.

I agree with Tony, the canopy looks rushed and cheap but does not detract from the look. It just feels cheap and thin.

I am still downloading the manual, which I would have thought would have come with it.

Tail motor looks strong. In general I would say first impressions are good, it looks as if it would take multiple crashes well:)

You cant turn the rotor blades they are stiff. Servos look and feel good. I finish work at 5pm tomorrow so hope to get her in the air then. Need to set up my camera.

Overall, I am too critical(Engineers eye and all that), but until I fly it, I cant see the money in it , my opinion may change? IT IS REALLY SMALL, AND SMALLER THAN ANY VIDEO MADE IT LOOK!! I am only 5ft 7" and have very small hands.

- - - Updated - - -

http://ms.align.com.tw/mpeg/manuals/helicopters/RH15E01X.pdf

Manual link for those who are daft enough to overspend on a micro:)

Slobberdog

Nice honest write up Graham, yes engineers are critical but so are modellers when you pay the money we do for our toys,

Graham Lawrie

First fault found. If you look at the canopy in the side on picture left of the gromit on the yellow section you can see a dimple above where the white line ends. ITS A CRACK!!!

EyeStation

In the manual, page 16, it instructs to set your transmitter to H-1 swashplate type. That's the first time I heard that type. What does that relate to on my DX6i options?

Derek

That's awesome Graham! Have fun with it!

I have a buddy that bought one and he's loving it. Well, then he flew it into the branches of a very large tree and the landing gear came off and the tail motor is missing. Now, he's waiting for parts, lol. Bummer!

Slobberdog

That's awesome Graham! Have fun with it!

I have a buddy that bought one and he's loving it. Well, then he flew it into the branches of a very large tree and the landing gear came off and the tail motor is missing. Now, he's waiting for parts, lol. Bummer!

I seen a video of someone doing that on YouTube would have linked it but there was a bit of bad language at the end when the accident happened, a good way to get banned, but the tail motor housing seems to be the weakest point at the moment,

pvolcko

Probably 90 degree 1 servo (normal). If not that then 120 deg 3 servo.

In the manual, page 16, it instructs to set your transmitter to H-1 swashplate type. That's the first time I heard that type. What does that relate to on my DX6i options?

Graham Lawrie

Just got mine set up on tx quite a few things to reverse, big learning curve for me. I will fix the satellite in place in the morning then try a video of maiden. Gyro setting is 1 90degrees . It sounds really nice only went to quarter stick, you can feel the power even that low:)

Top Bottom