450 Great news on the 450 front!!!!

wolfman76

checked over the exi 450 finally after the crash it had this last summer... Hard to believe but it was bout 12' off the ground and slammed on its side hard into blacktop and the main shaft and feathering shafts are A OK can you believe that???? still have to check the flybar but it seems to be ok also thank god for the wooden align blades it had on it i think they took all of the impact all replacement parts are ordered and i think all are on the way possibly here by this friday got 4 sets of 325mm blades set of orange KBDD tail blades orange tarot tail grip upgrade cnc... man i can't wait till it is all here this heli has sentimental value even if it is an exi 450 that is prob more align now though she is my first real heli and she is a tough ole bird love her dearly...:tranquillity:

murankar

Staff member
If you got the tail output shaft with that new tail, you will be impressed with it versus the EXI output shaft. When I was just starting I bent 4 of them on some stiff landings, then I got the tarot output shaft and still have not bent it in almost 6 months. My last crash I hit the house and my EXI shaft would have bent, not the tarot.

murankar

Staff member
get the shafts too, not to bad in price. I bought two packs of 2 for $25 out the door with rush shipping from hong kong, I forgot what site I used.

murankar

Staff member
yeah, Those are for the sport but work on the clone pro versions. When I got mine they had the hole drilled in the shaft versus the milled groove in the end. They got updated when align updated their tail shafts.

wolfman76

i believe i have align tail shafts right now should i order those too??? or will i got work good???

murankar

Staff member
If your shaft is align belt drive use that. Since you are flying the exi I figured you had the exi tail output shaft.

Of course this is if you have belt.

wolfman76

it is belt but the belt itself is align the tail setup that is on it now i think i got metal upgrade from hobbypartz.com

Top Bottom