Graham

Graham Lawrie

Hi everyone,

Got my first coaxial at Xmas, then bought another small one and spare/crashed repairs from Ebay to use as spares, bought a 9015 Volitation and it would not fly(as to windy), many crashes and spare parts later i came accross the Phoenix V4 and a DX6i. LOVE my flight sim. Three weeks ago i bought my 450 Pro 3gx V2 and AR6115e and am currently building it but struggling with the electrics!! Ihave found this awsome site and looking for help to my issues with electrics.

stokke

Welcome!

You can look through the 450 section under Helicopters. There's been a lot of talk about the 3GX lately.
Or you can just start a new thread with your question.

heli-maniac

welcome:welcome1:
and yes the your set up will work just got to wire it the right way
like stokke said there are a there are threads on this that go in to detail on how to do it

Last edited:

Lee

Welcome Graham. Plenty of info and friendly knowledgable people here.

Graham Lawrie

Thanks everyone:) Anyone know the thread, i have been looking on here but not found anything yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Stokke.

murankar

Staff member
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/4712-Align-t-rex-450-pro-dfc-build-and-3gx-setup

here is one link for now. this should get you started. i or someone else here will finish adding other links.

Here is a thread started by Adam, but it does not get into anything until page 2. I suggest you read the first page so you understand what is being discussed. Remember everything here is at the digression of the pilot. Any settings given on this site are a base point to start and should be taken as that. When I programed my first 450 on the radio I used Tony's settings. Shortly after that I learned that the D/R and Expo settings were to soft for my liking so I had to adjust them so I had more action on the heli.
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/4604-Align-Trex-450-Pro-v2-3gx

Last edited:

wolfman76

welcome to the forum graham... Kinlochleven huh wow just looked that up cuz never heard of it before man looks like a beautiful place... And rest assure there is usually a thread or someone on this forum that will answer any questions you might have on just about anything and now thanks to tony salt water tanks now too you see cuz on RC-HELP we broaden your horizons!!!! LOL Oh yeah and one unwritten rule we have on here is we love to see video and photos of whatever you do successes or failures does not matter to us everything can turn into a learning experience....

Graham Lawrie

Thanks breeze400, dont know who the madness is worse on me or the Mrs, but it is driving me mad so far, but i loveit!!

Graham Lawrie

Hi wolfman76, yes Kinlochleven is specacular, very nice, very quiet and no RC clubs or experts!! I hope to get the answers i need toon to get my bird flying. Whe i learn how to add pictures/ video i willput some on. thanks Graham

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks murankar iw ill give this a lookand see if it helps and report back.

heli-maniac

ok now on the ar 6115 you need to take the white red black jumper and take the white wire out of the plugs then on the rx side of it take the purple throttle lead and put in the plug where the white wire was
should look like this then pluged back in the throttle port of the rx the red and black side go to the battery port of the 3gx

Lee

Kinlochleven. Didn't see that. Welcome fellow Scotsman. I'm from Balloch, on the bonny banks of Loch Lomond. Its been a long time since i left, but i still miss it. I had my first try at flying RC plane at a club there 25 years ago. I saw my first helicopter and was instantly hooked, but took me 23 years more before i got one.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Graham. Looks like you are getting the answers you were looking for. If there is anything else, we are always here to help.

:welcome1:

BOKI

Hi Graham; Welcome to our site you seem to be getting some help already! Good luck on your build & flying! BOKI ILLINOIS 8:25 am Monday THE BEST!

Graham Lawrie

Kinlochleven. Didn't see that. Welcome fellow Scotsman. I'm from Balloch, on the bonny banks of Loch Lomond. Its been a long time since i left, but i still miss it. I had my first try at flying RC plane at a club there 25 years ago. I saw my first helicopter and was instantly hooked, but took me 23 years more before i got one.

Yhanks for the welcome Lee. I know it well passit all the time going to Helensburgh and Glasvegas. No clubs near me so i am fumbling my way through the hobby. Thank god for the internet and sites like Tonys.

- - - Updated - - -

ok now on the ar 6115 you need to take the white red black jumper and take the white wire out of the plugs then on the rx side of it take the purple throttle lead and put in the plug where the white wire was
should look like this then pluged back in the throttle port of the rx the red and black side go to the battery port of the 3gx

Hi Super bad i will give this a go. Will it get the rotor turning? many thanks Graham

Graham Lawrie

Hi super bad, so there is nothing in the AR bind / data holes and nothing in the throttle side of the 3gx? Currently the ESC is plugged into the Batt/aux/out on the 3gx. Sorry for not understanding, i am a bit thick?

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0807.jpg

wire set up on 3gx shows black red white in thro/ balck red white rudder and below that black red white in batt/aux/out

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to say of ESC

- - - Updated - - -

Hi super bad, so there is nothing in the AR bind / data holes and nothing in the throttle side of the 3gx? Currently the ESC is plugged into the Batt/aux/out on the 3gx. Sorry for not understanding, i am a bit thick?

- - - Updated - - -

wire set up on 3gx shows black red white in thro/ balck red white rudder and below that black red white in batt/aux/out

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to say of ESC

IMAG0807.jpg

BOKI

Hi Graham; Looks like you are getting all kinds of good help from the guy's on the site! The BEST BOKI TUESDAY ILLINOIS Time 2:04AM !

Top Bottom