General Grafting the CopterX 5 blade head to 450X main shaft

Boogs

I'll be doing this adaptation soon and if anyone else has done so, any guidance would be appreciated. I can see the Copter X main shaft is shorter overall and between the top collar and head. Before I start hacking away I wonder if there is anything I should know first, like swash location or linkage lengths. Also from what I can see, the swash following arm should be perpendicular to the shaft at 0 pitch, but without any instructions this is only a guess based on how the stock 2 blade head works. I'm thinking that the swash should be set as if I were using the stock swash and build up from there. Thanks everyone!

Admiral

Hi Boogs, start with the swash and servo linkages only and get the swash level at mid stick so that the swash is mid travel, that will give you even +/- pitch travel, you will have to work out the link lengths as you go. If you haven't fitted a multi blade head before you will have to learn about phasing, I have only fitted 4 blade heads before , so can't help too much with 5 blade but I'm sure somebody will pick up from here.

I can't find an RC-Help video on phasing but there are videos on Youtube.

Boogs

Thanks Admiral. I know I'm over thinking this, just hate to start hacking away and ruin a new main shaft. Once I get caught up on some other chores I can start setting this thing up. You've given me the starting point.

holtneil

Hi mate copterx does 3 different main shaft lengths the longest i think is about 112 mm long and then there are 2 shorter , look at the copterx black angle at the main shafts it will tell you how long they are

holtneil

Hi I tried to edit this there are only 2 different now , 114 mm and 112 for the black angel , the 450 dfc is 111mm

holtneil

Hi I found this from my friend he is a big scale heli guy and this may help you on set up of phasing he flys with no fbl unit

Boogs

Great information for the head setup, thanks Neil. I really enjoyed the fellow and his fire fighting chopper. A working bambi bucket is on my list. This is my other project, a UH-1C in Cal Fire livery.6a00d834543b6069e200e5529701358833-800wi.jpg

Top Bottom