600 Governor problem?

Lillyryan

Hi all.
I don't think governor is active. I am using the sensor and magnets from a rce 600 plugged directly into the 3gx. Throttle is calibrated and the governor light turns green when in idle up. However the light does not blink when the magnet passes and also the governor function is greyed out in the v2.1 software. Transmitter is a jr dsx9 with governor on the gear switch.

Thanks for any help
Ryan

Tony

Staff member
Well lets see if I can take a stab at this. Sorry for the delay, yesterday about killed me.

Take the blades off the helicopter (head and tail) and start it up. Start out in normal where you should have a throttle curve of about 0 30 30 30 30, iu1 should be somewhere around a flat 60 and iu2 should be somewhere around a flat 80 (this gives head room for the governor to work).

Put the helicopter about mid throttle in normal. You should have a pretty good engine speed now. Take and put your hand on the top of the head on the head brake button and watch teh throttle servo. Did it open the throttle as you tried to stop the head?

Do the same thing with the other two positions. You should always see that throttle servo trying to keep the head speed the same all the time.

Lillyryan

Thanks Tony. Yes got throttle curves as you say. Just put another sensor on to see if it's that. Hopefully I can test it tomorrow evening.
Thanks again

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal. Glad you got it working. I think I have the same issue on my 600. Just need to get a sensor and try it.

Top Bottom