ESC Gov off or Gov store?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, i have a 6s/1700Kv motor with Yep 60a installed in my Gaui X3 with Freewheel off and Gov off. The heli flies fine but motor seems hot to me. Since my flying is progressing and my head speed is above normal. Is this where i need to change Freewheel off to on and Gov off to Gov store? I used Tony video for programming the 450 with 45a Yep and i took those setting and use for my starting point for the Gaui. In the video, if you are basically flying normal, keep both freewheel and gov off. I'm advancing on my fling so is this where Gov store needs to be used? Any help would be appreciated.

murankar

Staff member
Just me throwing this out there. A gov is not really needed on a 360 or not required. On the other hand you can use it. If you decide to use it make sure your gyro is perfectly set up especially the tail. A poor tuned gov will mess with the tail and cause you to adjust your tail settings in stead of the gov settings.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Just me throwing this out there. A gov is not really needed on a 360 or not required. On the other hand you can use it. If you decide to use it make sure your gyro is perfectly set up especially the tail. A poor tuned gov will mess with the tail and cause you to adjust your tail settings in stead of the gov settings.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner
Thank you for that info Murankar. I thought the 450/X3 didn't need gov on but i figure it couldn't hurt to ask.

Tony

Staff member
Actually the gov could cause it to run hotter in some cases. Try lowering you timing just a touch and see what that does. If it cool down, then play with the gov settings.

Top Bottom