500 Gotta high blade

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
On the DFC head to get uneven blade tracking. I adjust the DFC links?
I cannot for the life of me remember....:(

I haven't used the DFC links for blade tracking, if that what you talking about. I just balance the blade instead. Sometime I use the DFC links to get closer to Zero. Most of the time I keep them tight.

trainrider06

yeah don't know whats up with this, these blades tracked fine, haven't done anything to it that shoulda changed anything...

Tony

Staff member
Measure the DFC links and make sure they are exactly the same. If they are, then I'm guessing you had a blade warp on you.

trainrider06

Dang! hope it ain't a warped blade. I don't know how else it coulda gotten out though, they were tracking perfect, but I have not flown the thing in 2 months I'll bet. But they have been in the blade holders and not just hanging on the head without support.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Dang! hope it ain't a warped blade. I don't know how else it coulda gotten out though, they were tracking perfect, but I have not flown the thing in 2 months I'll bet. But they have been in the blade holders and not just hanging on the head without support.

That would suck. Take a straight edge to them to see what happens. I never knew CF blades could warp. Mann, I'm always learning something new with you guys :)

trainrider06

Yeah I'll see what I can find, right now am fixin the 450. Then I gotta update my Spirit Pro on the 500 so I can tune it via wifi!

Tony

Staff member
Look straight down the leading and trailing edge of the blades like you are looking down an arrow. This will tell you if there is noticeable warp in them.

trainrider06

The blades were fine, I ended up backing a link off 1 turn and now perfect tracking! But now I am paranoid that the link will not be strong enough lol. Flew it yesterday and it seemed fine.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The blades were fine, I ended up backing a link off 1 turn and now perfect tracking! But now I am paranoid that the link will not be strong enough lol. Flew it yesterday and it seemed fine.

If your talking about the DFC link, don't be scare :chuckles:, I have gone as far as 2 1/2 turns and no problems. :scratchchin: Still makes you wonder, doesn't it?

trainrider06

I adjusted a link out a turn, and it tracks like a bat!
Honestly I don't know what happened to it, I set it up and it was good to go, then it sat hanging on the wall with blades in blade holder, did a reset on the governor, and tried to get the WiFi plug to working, and after that I noticed the blade track was off.
Didn't mess with programming any.
One things for sure the HW ESC gets mighty hot on the thing!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I adjusted a link out a turn, and it tracks like a bat!
Honestly I don't know what happened to it, I set it up and it was good to go, then it sat hanging on the wall with blades in blade holder, did a reset on the governor, and tried to get the WiFi plug to working, and after that I noticed the blade track was off.
Didn't mess with programming any.
One things for sure the HW ESC gets mighty hot on the thing!

That's strange about the HW esc getting hot Rodney. I have the 50a 450 and 60a X3 and they just get warm if anything. I never heard of you complain about the HW esc getting hot before. Something new?

trainrider06

Yeah Ivan, my other 2 esc's barely get warm, the one on the 500 though is hot! Especially around the area of that off colored square area on the bottom of it. Has me a bit concerned. It actually starts heating up when the power is applied to the ESC!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah Ivan, my other 2 esc's barely get warm, the one on the 500 though is hot! Especially around the area of that off colored square area on the bottom of it. Has me a bit concerned. It actually starts heating up when the power is applied to the ESC!

That's scary if it's heating up when the power is applied. Maybe the soldering connections might be loose on the battery or the ESC. Just a thought. Hopefully you can find out why before the heli catches fire like my 450 did :puppy_dog_eyes:. At that time, I had a CC esc. That's why I using the HW esc now on my helis. I like the movie "Up in smoke" but not my helis Lol.

Top Bottom