Got that need for speed?

Lightman

Tony sent me a birthday greeting saying he hoped I got all the RC stuff I wanted. To my surprise, it wasn't a form letter, but a real email. I should have known better but that just proved again why the forum is a cut above the rest! So I replied, got the Traxxis Funny car and Tony asked if I would post some pics. Done deal. Its the Courtney Force scheme with almost all the outer decals removed and redone. Traxxis had almost every inch covered in decals which I thought was too much. Plus I race for an on-line race team so our logos are going on it. I upgraded it with a 20t pinion and 68 spur combo, both metal. Followed by metal steering controls, metal supension linkage, and a 2 inch longer metal wheelie bar. Installed all telemetry sensors, speed, rpm, volts, temp. Upgraded the radio with the docking base so it shows telementry real time on ipod. Also found a 3 cell 6600 lipo to get max power. With the little testing I got done before the snow hit, it was running 81mph! And that wasn't a full pass even. So if ya got a need for speed, this might be you fix!DSC00019.jpgDSC00023.jpgDSC00025.jpgDSC00029.jpgDSC00031.jpgDSC00032.jpgDSC00038.jpgDSC00039.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

Derek

That is really awesome! This type of rc doesn't suit my personal preferences but I have seen Youtube videos of these dragsters and it really is impressive. Let's face it, 81mph is awfully impressive! I do hope to see more of this car in the future.

Lightman

Thanks Derek. I'm a heli guy myself, with a couple of planes, but this caught my eye. Should be some good video out of this come warmer weather. Stay tuned! lol

Tony

Staff member
I have to admit, the first email is a forum email that is automatically generated. However, and this is what I think sets it apart from the others, if you reply to that email, I actually get it, and as you saw, I reply to it. I am interested in what the members are doing, and when you say you have anything Force (yup, huge fan lol), I want to see it. Anything drag racing, I want to see it.

That is a great looking funny car. Now... And you knew this was coming... We need VIDEO!!!! Yeah, after the snow melts lmao. I'll wait....

RC MAN

Cuda RC Dragster.jpgIMG_0363.jpgIMG_0362.jpgWell, I saw this thread, and said, Ill show ya my Dragsters, I love all things RC, and build most of my stuff myself.
Nice Traxxis man

Cuda RC Dragster.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Ken Jackson

That funny car is bad azz. I was tempted by the Traxxis Courtney Force car but I backed out.

But I did get this;

IMG_6998.JPG

IMG_6998.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Alright, so we have these pictures of these funny cars in this thread, but not a single video!!! What the hell guys. It's like having a pound of bacon sitting in front of you that you can't eat. It's just not right...

murankar

Staff member
Tony is right. I know this is the picture area and all but if your going to tease us with pics you better be following up with video. I don't make the :rules: I just follow them. We had a moderator almost get banned because of no video. :lmao:

RC MAN

I have an old vid, but dont wanna have to put it on you tube to show yall, so , any tips on how, Ill gladly do it.
Just a vid, when I first built it with a brushed motor, and no traction compound.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately the only way to put a video on here is through youtube. We don't have the space or bandwidth to host videos on our server. However, when you go to youtube, right after you click the upload link button, you can select "unlisted". This will keep people on YT from searching for the video, and it will only be viewable where you post the link. Don't set it to private, no one will be able to see it then lol.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure if it will or not. I only upload videos to youtube. But, you cna try it. If they have an embed code, then you can paste that here on the forum once you get it uploaded.

RC MAN

Trying a tinypic video uploader, tell me if it works, ok?

View My Video

Frank
a very short vid of my Dragster, 1/10 scale 2007 GTO
Built it myself, was running a brushed motor, now its got a BL motor, and 2s lipo bat. Moves like Hell now.

Top Bottom