Quad Got started on my new project Tarot 650 (Added Video)

Tasajara

I am building a Tarot IronMan 650

I will be using T-Motor 4006 740kv with Carbon Fiber 11 x 4.7 props
The ESC's I have are the Lumenier 30 amp ESC with SimonK Firmware
I really like these ESC's for there super smooth throttle response.
Also will be using the DJI NAZA-M V2 MULTIROTOR AUTOPILOT W/GPS
I have a Tarot GOPRO brushless gimbal

I got a little done today, all my motors and esc's wired. Took a little longer to route the wires to keep it all hidden. I try to keep all wiring out of sight if possible.

02b-QAV500 copy.jpg
Gimble.jpg
01 - Tarot 650.JPG
02 - Tarot 650.JPG
03 - Tarot 650.JPG
04 - Tarot 650.JPG

01 - Tarot 650.JPG

02 - Tarot 650.JPG

02b-QAV500 copy.jpg

03 - Tarot 650.JPG

04 - Tarot 650.JPG

Gimble.jpg

Last edited:

Derek

Re: Got started on my new project

Super Wow!!! That really looks good. Thanks for the pictures! This kind of thing is really starting to interest me more and more.

WyDiablo

Very nice looking quad. Does it have landing gear for the 650? And what do you think your AUW will end up being?

Lee

Dude, your house must be overflowing with multirotors by now :D
Looks good.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah, tasajara pulls up to the field and the the guys ask "what's that lump in the back of the truck?" He simply replies my quads. Lol.

WyDiablo

If you put a vtx on that quad where will you place it? I think the carbon on mine is giving interference with the video transmission.

Tasajara

Very nice looking quad. Does it have landing gear for the 650? And what do you think your AUW will end up being?

Not sure on the weight yet, and yes I have folding landing gear on my Quad...

As for the pile of multirotors, I did thin the herd a little, I sold 3.... All I have now is DJI 550, BlueSkyRC IFRame Quad, Spider Quad and Tri Copter and the one I am working on.
Yes I sold the QAV, me and the QAV didn't get along LOL

The Video antenna will be mounted on the bottom side of the quad I will add a support to extend it away from the frame or mount it to one of the booms.
When mounting a VTX antenna on top of a CF frame it has to transmit through the frame, battery and all the wiring once you fly over head. With it on the bottom it has less to block the signal.

I am getting closer, little more wiring and a few more screws... May get to try it out this weekend. :encouragement:

05 - Tarot 650.JPG06 - Tarot 650.JPG

05 - Tarot 650.JPG

06 - Tarot 650.JPG

Tasajara

Tried it out today... flew just fine. I put cheapo props on for testing just in case it wanted to flip or topple over when taking off. I will place the Carbon Props on this week end.
I will be using 11x4.7 SF to start off with, if I get over the price I may get a set of T-Motor Carbon Fiber Props.... But it will be tough to pay
$100 for a set, Plus $40 for new prop adapters that are threaded all the way to the hub to accept them.

The quad weighs 2lbs and 12oz without my battery.
Here are a few pics, now I just have to get started building my Brushless Gimble.

07 - Tarot 650.JPG
08 - Tarot 650.JPG

The wires you see hanging down is an accessory power lead. Which will be used to power other items on my Quad

09 - Tarot 650.JPG

10 - Tarot 650.JPG

07 - Tarot 650.JPG

08 - Tarot 650.JPG

09 - Tarot 650.JPG

10 - Tarot 650.JPG

Last edited:

Tasajara

I got some video Sat.... I also finished my Gimble today but it was to late in the day to go try it out.
Here are a few pics.

11 - Tarot 650.JPG12 - Tarot 650.JPG13- Tarot 650.JPG

[video=youtube_share;VT-57Qd_5IY]http://youtu.be/VT-57Qd_5IY[/video]

11 - Tarot 650.JPG

12 - Tarot 650.JPG

13- Tarot 650.JPG

Last edited:

Barge

Nice looking quad Tasajara, when you are hovering what position is you throttle in, is it around mid stick or lower? For a light quad your flight time is fairly short, my hex weighs 2.1kg (4.5lbs) and I get 11minutes from my 3S 5000mAh batteries, it maybe worth trying 10in or even 9.5in props with that 4S battery.

I bet it takes off like a scolded cat take doing a full noise lift of with those T-Motors, very nice units.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

One other things, I tried that foam on my Hex landing gear and I found it made the Hex bounce on hard surfaces on the not so perfect landings, and there not needed if you fly off grass all the time, I removed them a while back and found it a lot better without them. Just a thought.

Tasajara

I was going to try some 10x3.8 props just have not ordered them yet. The foam on my landing gear was just for orientation until I get some leds mounted.
Thanks for the tips...

Tasajara

I got my Retracts mounted on my Quad. Turned out pretty good.
[video=youtube_share;bAbCgK6wmWw]http://youtu.be/bAbCgK6wmWw[/video]

cml001

That's just awesome bud! I know nothing about multi rotors... The nazi unit u use, is that a reciever as well or is a seperate rx needed? Does it work with spektrum? If u were to use fpv, does the video feed come from that camera or is another camera mounted just for fpv?... How exactly do quads work and what options are... Somebody fill me in... This is very interesting

Top Bottom