Got Shafted As Great Planes Was Bought By Hh.

Mikker

It’s been awhile since I have had any time to “play.” We purchased 20 acres outside of Tulsa to replace our subdivision living behind a private airstrip. In the move i lost my go to airfield and speed run dragstrip for my car collection. Nevertheless, I did gain a 1-1/2 acre pond in the move. Now the boats can come back to life. Most of my land is in a canyon with heavy canopies (large white oak/pecan.)
Here is my issue. My RC introduction started 8 or so years ago with a Venom King of Shaves 29” catamaran. It gave me enough problems to start a class action lawsuit. Throughout my coming and going to the LHS for many production/hardware issues , I ended up buying another boat. It was one made by Proboat. That unit was rock solid. Then came the cars. The list is long here so I won’t bore you with it. At some point I got interested in flight. Heck, My house backed right up to the airstrip. Seeing as my father had a 182rg on that field for most of my life, there was no issue from management as it pertained to me using it for hobby flight. Looking back, the FAA may have thought differently. My local hobby fields are full most of the time and I was too concerned with looking like a greenhorn if something went wrong. Again, looking back, I wish I could have met a sponsor to help me through the novice portions of RC flight.

Back 5-6 years ago. I purchased the Real Flight 7 software. It included a disk and poorly made wired controller. This is what I used to transition from land based RC to air based units. It worked well enough for me to get up the nerve to buy my first helicopter. It was a Blade McpxBL. That was a huge mistake. Rookie buying a CP helo

Back on subject. I have apparently lost the disk to the software and HH refuses to send me another copy. The software was registered. They “suggested “ buying a newer version of RF at a cost of $99. Personally , I am disappointed with them. As a customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them, they refuse to help me out.

I own the DX6(gen2) and the little USB bungle . What are my options for a good collective pitch simulator? My computer is running Windows 10. It’s OS crashed as it is 12 years old. Hence the need for my lost disk. I tried running the newest Phoenix free download to no avail. My hardware apparently is not up to snuff.

please advise

RandyDSok

I'd mention that RealFlight has a major advantage over nextRC in the number of models that it comes with... especially if you are looking for airplane support.

murankar

Staff member
Yes true. Next is mostly a heli and quad platform. No arguing there. But then again its is cheaper

RandyDSok

Question here. I'm on the neXt CGM flight simulator site. I see it's $90.00 for the download, $95.00 for the DVD, DVD + RX2SIM adapter for $125.00 and the adapter by it self is $40.00. I type in on goggle RX2sim and this came up on e-bay Rcware Rx2sim Wireless Multi-sim Simulator Adapter (usb2sys) for sale online | eBay Will that work or just purchase everything from neXt site?

I'm not sure what it happening but I have a suspicion that the item you tried to link to got sold out ... either way, I'm getting a 8bitdo USB bluetooth adapter instead... I repeated the google search and got linked to the same, so I did a search on eBay directly and it said no results found.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's strange Randy because when I go to the link...it's not sold out. The seller is rainbowonline2012. I take it that this usb will work with neXt sim and my Spektrum DX6 gen 2? If it does, I'll order that usb and the neXt sim then and save a couple of bucks :).

RandyDSok

That's strange Randy because when I go to the link...it's not sold out. The seller is rainbowonline2012. I take it that this usb will work with neXt sim and my Spektrum DX6 gen 2? If it does, I'll order that usb and the neXt sim then and save a couple of bucks :).

I'm out of ideas then... btw, the bluetooth adapter is also for sale by the same user account...

murankar

Staff member
Next from my understanding is very flexible in what conteoller you use. There is an option gamepads. At one point I thought they even had compariablity with the real flight stuff.

I dont know to much about the other controllers out there. My vcontrol is plug and play with a usb cord.

murankar

Staff member
I bought the download 4 years ago I think. I just got the download and was done with it. just make sure you keep your email confirmation. I thought I lost mine but found it. All your updated are free like Phoenix. It was rumored they were going to be o steam. Not sure if it ever happened.

Top Bottom