Other Got my shipment from HK finally

murankar

Staff member
I got a package today from HK and boy I am excited. I got more stuff needed to complete the baby blend bipe, control rods, speed clevis, linkages and the most fun part the frsky DJT rx w/ the V8FR-II HV.

I started doing some research on this thing before I go and plug this into my th9x. I discovered some info that caught me by surprise, here are the specs
demension44*24*14mm
weight9.3g
operating voltage range3.0~16.0 v
operating current30ma
specified rangefull range (>1.5km

yes this is a high voltage rx, although i do not need all 13 volts since my servos can only handle 6 volts. i believe the jr gyro can handle that also, 6 volts.

Right now I am woundering if I should just yank out the original tx module and antenna cable. If this tx/rx works I don't think I would ever go back since now that I have telemetry. All I got left to do is flash the tx. Problem is I keep getting an error on the flashing process and not sure if I should use the -F switch which would by pass the error message. I am afraid I would end up bricking the tx.

quick run down of whats in the box:

1 DJT w/ telemetry tx
1 2 Db antenna (screw on)
1 V8FR-II HV rx w/ two antenna leads
1 sticker sheet w/ three stickers
2 sets of instructions

Product came nicely packed in a foam filler sheet with antenna detached. Oh yeah the TX itself has a plug in it for an external telemetry screen, which is about $20 from HK and is only available in the global warehouse.

Westy

LEGEND
Frsky are good RX's ...... I have one here .... Telemetry one....that I am setting up for a customer ..... what TX are you talking about ... the 9Xr? or Turnigy 9x?

murankar

Staff member
9x, its the same one I have been using. I will have to post a screen shot of the error later. Right now on my way out to work.

murankar

Staff member
I was trying the fr9x telemetry. I have googled the issue and its a firmware conflict either on the flashing device or something on the radio itself. I am leaning towards the flashing device. I'll see about linking the item I bought to the forum. It is possible I may have gotten the wrong one, doubt it though.

Will see what happens. Time to shoot some high RES images of it and how I have it soldered.

Westy

LEGEND
if you are using a complete module pack and RX ... i am pretty sure you just use the STD Firmware (ER9X) .... I found this out doing a customers 9x upgrades .... no internal radio mods needed to be done as he has a Telemetry screen he adds into the mix when he runs that option.

Westy

LEGEND
hten if you are not modding hte internal boards on the TX then you need to simply run STD ER9x

Top Bottom