Got lucky this time.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I took the X3 for a flight this morning after lowering my head speed a bit. :scratchchin: They say sooner or later a blind squirrel fines a nut. I was flying around having fun when near the end,:chuckles: well you can say that I was that blind squirrel this flight, Lol. MVI 0524 - YouTube

Lol that was crazy. I was just looking at the X3. What are your thoughts in comparison to the Trex450

I also noticed you started in normal mode. Some do, some dont

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Planet. :scratchchin: To me the X3 is very smooth flying machine compare to the 450 especially when using 362mm blades. She floats like a butterfly with those blades on. I love the 450 because it's the right size heli to fly any where and you can have fun tossing it around. The X3 being a little bigger then the 450 is a lot more stable and less working parts but it's crash friendly and cheap to fix. The 450 has a better flight time "6 mins." vs the X3 flight time "4 1/2 mins." depends on your set up. Overall the X3 out perform the 450 but the 450 is my go to heli when it comes to learning. To me, all helis are difference in there own special way but they're both good flying birds. I've got my eyes on this [030118] GAUI X3L 385L Kit + XNOVA 2618-1580 - Power Combo (030118+XVA1580KV) I don't want to go bigger then the 500 due to funds. I would like a Goblin 380 but for the price, I rather have that X3L instead. Just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Whew! Close one nice recovery Ivan!
I guess I can open my eyes now, Lol.

trainrider06

Hehe yeah, I'd probably had to do some laundry after that one!

And as you explained to PGL, size heli's and budget come into play sometimes. If one is flying or trying to fly and learn new things, a 6-700 size Goblin wouldn't be a good choice! One has to keep in mind always repair costs!

Last edited:
Yea i was set on another heli, i just have poor impulse control. I have one fully built 450, one 450 Frankenheli, and two 450 airframes. I think ill just stick with the 450 until my skills catch up to the 500 that is on the shelf.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yea i was set on another heli, i just have poor impulse control. I have one fully built 450, one 450 Frankenheli, and two 450 airframes. I think ill just stick with the 450 until my skills catch up to the 500 that is on the shelf.

One day at a time Planet. It's a matter of time and before you know it, your skills will improve and the 500 will come down from that shelf.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Solid advice. I was just spending some time on the sim.

I like that Rodney, PGL. How about you PLANETGETLOW. On the other hand, that's great you spending time on the sim PGL. It's your friend. The trick is taking your talent on the simulator and transfer those skill to your heli in the field. That's a mental stage that you have to cross. Especially when you're ready to learn new stuff like, nose in hovering/ flying. Flips, rolls, the list goes on. Like I said, one day at a time. Good luck.

Top Bottom