Setups GoPro Video out delay

I got a gopro and noticed a 1 sec video delay when using the 2.4ghz connection to the android mobile phone app. Any one know if there is delay from it's video out to an external transmitter?

Stambo

Video out on the Gopro and the Mobius still does have a delay through a video tx.
Not as much as the wireless but it is still there.
It is strongly advised by most NOT to use the Gopro wireless while flying on 2.4 Ghz.
It has been blamed for more than one aircraft losing control and crashing.
Having a 2.4 wireless transmitter that close to your 2.4 RC receiver has potential to overpower your control system, the last thing you want, especially while flying FPV.
I use a Horyzon HD V3 on my larger quad which records and outputs to a video tx but this was designed for FPV so there is no noticeable delay.

pvolcko

The video out will be, more or less, live. The delay on the wifi connection is due to encoding, packetizing, transmission, depacketizing, and decoding for display, along with error correction, retransmits, etc.. There are buffering delays and whatnot that occur as a result. On the video out it is a nearly live feed and transmission will be analog and thus more or less instant. There will be maybe a few frames of delay, but nothing like you get on the wifi connection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom