Gopro Session Alternatives

bigone5500

I have been anticipating purchasing the Runcam 3. However, they have announced that the product will not be sold in the US, Canada, and one or two other countries due to design infringement.

That being said, what alternatives are there to the gopro session? I'm interested in a lower cost one at around $100. Have any of you used such products? What are your opinions of it? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Smoggie

Looks like the Runcam 3 has been discontinued worldwide, not just in the US. I'm guessing GoPro's lawyers sent them a nasty letter!

What about the Foxeer Box

bigone5500

The foxeer box looks good but the price is up there with gopro. I'd rather get a session 5 than a knockoff at the same price.

bigone5500

Thanks Tony. I didn't think of refurb items. If the item is refurb from the factory, then I have no problem with it. I've had cell phones that were refurb and could not tell it had been. Looked and performed like a new one.

Tony

Staff member
I never liked the little square cameras like the session so I have not done much research on them. Today totals more research than all other times combined lol.

bigone5500

I ended up buying an SJCAM SJ6 Legend. I'll see how it is and maybe keep it. I don't want some junk.

Last edited:

bigone5500

FYI: I contacted the seller of the SJCAM M10 on amazon to inquire about which color I would recieve if I ordered. They replied with their answer and stated that the M10 is no longer being manufactured. I assume that this is also related to the discontinuance of the Runcam 3.

Top Bottom