Quad GoolRC 210 Carbon Fiber Racing Drone RC Quadcopter with CC3D Flight Controller Unboxi

Tony

Staff member
GoolRc 210mm Racing Quad. In this video I show you what you get with the basic package. If you have seen my 250 videos, this 210 quad has bigger motors on it than the 250. This should prove to be a lot of fun. Also, this 210 comes with a CC3D flight controller that everyone knows.

One down side to the flight controller is the fact that is does NOT come with any cables, but seeing as this should not be your first quad, you should have plenty of USB cables laying around to use to program the flight controller.

Fit and finish on this quad is fantastic. I didn't think it was going to be this good for the price. If you are looking for a great looking 210 quad to do FPV with, click on the link below and pick yours up today.

Click Here To Order This Quad!
original goolrc 210 carbon fiber racing drone rc quadcopter with cc3d flight controller

[video=youtube_share;wWXL4yQoqgQ]https://youtu.be/wWXL4yQoqgQ[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Re: GoolRC 210 Carbon Fiber Racing Drone RC Quadcopter with CC3D Flight Controller Un

Is no one interested in this little quad? Post up!

Getting ready to take this quad out for it's FPV maiden! And it's windy as all hell out there!!!

Tallent911

Re: GoolRC 210 Carbon Fiber Racing Drone RC Quadcopter with CC3D Flight Controller Un

Just took mine for its first flight today this little quad is awesome and watching your video is what lead me to it and plus I got it for $70!!! You will not find anything better for the money hands down thanks big time tony. Ohh yea and I finally got my computer to connect to the quad I did have the wrong style usb thanks for the info brother!

Tony

Staff member

That is fantastic! Hope to see a video of it up in the air here soon.

Tallent911

Tony I need your help bad bro I can't get my quad tuned right is there any way you can post all your settings from librepilot for the gool 210 ,I just cant wrap my head around pid tuning and all the other settings :):):):) seems like rocket science lol

Tony

Staff member

Unfortunately I can't. I didn't save my tune and it is now running cleanflight. However, post a video of it flying and acting up, and post your PID settings and we should be able to get it tuned.

Another thing you can do is read through this article I wrote. Hope it helps.

P.I.D. Tuning Explained

Tallent911

Finally a explanation about pids that I could understand awesome job tony! Now when I tune my pids does it matter what flight mode I'm in?

Tony

Staff member

It shouldn't. Acro is best, but if you are still getting used to it, you can fly in Horizon or even Angle. Start with P and over tune then back it off. Then, use I to take out anything that is left, then D to fine tune. Of course, once you put in some D, you will want to add some P and I since it can handle a bit more. But yea, if you get stuck or have questions, all you have to do is ask.

Tallent911

When tuning in the stabilization section of librepilot should I use the basic section or the advance? The basic just has a slider bar and let you adjust attitude,rate and rate yaw to moderate,snappy or insane....and the advanced configuration section actually let's you put a specific number for attitude,Rate,and max rate then under that it has the actual pid tuning for inner loop.then next to that you can tune your outer loop with just p and i...what should I focus on and what does it do when I adjust the attitude and rate mode for roll,pitch and yaw?if any of what I said makes sense lol

Tony

Staff member

Reading that tells me that I don't have near enough experience in librepilot and have not used it in way too long lmao.

But, you need to do it in Advanced mode. Basic doesn't let you do much. Don't adjust the numbers by more than 20 points for rough tuning, 5 for mid tuning, then you are down to 2 for fine tuning.

I'm assuming you are flying in attitude mode, so adjust those first. Once you get a handle on those, you can move to the others, but you will have to fly in the others to know what you are changing. I was thinking about cleanflight in my last response and forgot all about librepilot's settings. Guess I need to put the stock firmware on my cc3d and play around with it some more.

Tallent911

For some reason it only let's you adjust your p and I gains by 10 at a time but it let's you adjust your d gains by 1...do you know any links that explain how having to high or low of a input effects your quad so I know what to look for and know whether to move them up or down...if you know what I mean

Tony

Staff member

High P gain will have a very fast oscillation. Too low of a P will wonder and hunt all over the place.

To high of an I will have an oscillation, but a little slower than P. too low, well, you want to start with 0 on the I and D and tune in your P first.

Keep your D as low as you can. Too high of a D will smoke an ESC or motor. So only raise that enough to make the stops solid and the flying through prop wash with no oscillations.

Hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom