Gonner

treff

gonner.jpg

This happened after a relatively soft landing. The tail boom sheared right at the box came up hit the blades and game over. Just when my hovering was going good. I only landed because I was worried about the battery going low. Oh well, build em, crash em. It's back to Heli-x for me LOL

gonner.jpg

Slobberdog

dew Treff, you've not had much luck with this bird have ya.

whats broke on it for you to have to replace

Lee

Bad luck Treff. Looks to be only a new tail boom, blades and feather shaft to replace. Lucky it was on the ground already.
Are you sure it was the boom breaking first and not the blades bending down. How tight were the blades?

treff

Cheers both. Parr for the course I think. Thinking back is was my fault. To much panic when the wind got under the heli. Still, lesson learned the hard way is one that will be remembered. Parts needed. One new heli LOL. I will have a look at another 450 and keep this one for sentimental reason. It will hang in the workshop to remind me. LOL So, any recommendations that will not cost an arm and leg. I was thinking of another of the HK 450, glutton for punishment, but it is just to get the hang of hovering and I do have all the bits from this one. emphasise on "THE BITS" lol Hi Lee just saw your post. No, my fault new blades made a fantastic difference to the lift of the heli. Sadly they did not survive. Need new boom, tail assembly, blades, feathering shaft, blade grips and a few other odds and sods. Thought I may as well buy new heli looking a the price of the spares. Still I'm off on me hols soon so will have a think.

Last edited:

treff

Thanks Slobberdog. I think I will go for the HK-450TT PRO V2 3D Torque-Tube Helicopter Kit because I hade lots of friction problems with the belt drive. I can not see it being more difficult to fly or are these famous last words?

Lee

Slobberdog

it wont be more difficult to fly, but knowing that the tail gears strip with hard landings/tail strikes alot of people have commented on this i think i would go for a belt drive

treff

Well, HK moved the fastest I've ever seen. Ordered 450gt pro v2 at 2pm order was sent to wharehouse at 230pm and by 3pm was despatch. That's what I call speed. Hope it goes together better than the last one. Should do at least I have a little knowledge, all the bits from the last one and some good tools to do the job. Looks like the ASK18 will be waiting in the wings. Can not wait to try again. I went back to where I was flying, just across the road from my home and discovered I had brought the old 450 down on the edge of a steel drain cover that was hidden in the grass. I went back because in my hast I left the canopy there. Oh well, looking forwards to the build and having another go. Cheers and thanks for all the replies.

Slobberdog

REally? well that is not what I think! .... glad you think otherwise .... I my eyes I am useless at it! haha ..... they say you are always 10 times harder on yourself.

Really if I was half as bad as you I would be fifty times better than I am now, lol

Westy

LEGEND
I ordered some 450 parts for a customer on the 1st April..... and it still is not here :( ... sa tin SIng post until the 11th

pvolcko

HK has been hit or miss for me on processing and shipping. Some orders seem to get shipped lighting quick. Others take upwards of a week to get shipped, even though I only order from the US warehouse and only in stock items.

Graham Lawrie

Bad luck Treff:) Maiden for me tomorrow, hopefully not too much damage but expecting the worst:) Good luck with the new build when it comes:)

Tony

Staff member
Treff, I have been there bro. Times like this you just want to sell everything and get out of the hobby thinking it's not for you. I did that, hell I actually tried to sell this forum and had a buyer at one time. But the members here calmed me down, and I just took it slow from then on. Hell, I still SUCK at flying helicopters, but I still have them. Well, I have an mSR, mCP-X and the RCH 600N. As you saw in that video, I LOVE to hover lol. Can't crash that bad on a hover. But, there always comes a time when you need to put the bird in the air and push your skills a bit.

As Lee stated, the HK450GT is an awesome kit. The one I had is still in one piece although it's in someone elses hands. I don't think he has time to fly it though.

Since you are a beginner, I HIGHLY suggest getting the GT with the belt. A belt will not have much more resistance than a TT. If you had issues, there was other issues with the bird. I have had belts that spun just like my TT helis. Look at the Warp and ALL Goblins, they are ALL belt drives.

Chin up bro, it's not as bad as it feels at this time.

Top Bottom