Going to purchas my first fiberglass plane

lopezagt0

Any suggestions on fiberglass planes that you guys have flown, or overall best bang for your buck type deal thinking of maybe going nitro too but electric is fine as of right now i have no real preference maybe a f4u corsair would be ideal but i wanna know whats out there and what you guys think is the best any feedback will be greatly appreciated thank you :)

Keith

Welcome Lopez... We need to know what experience you have before anyone can recommend a plane for you....

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, the only fiberglass plane that i have seen fly is the Ultra Flash Composite ARF that is run by a turbine engine. As stated above, welcome to the site. Let us know what you decide to purchase.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey welcome to the site.. dont know a lot about planes... but hey!! I am glad people around me do! :)

Whirlybird

OK they fooled me . . . as they looked so clean and I thought they were fiberglass. I pm'd Lopez at the "other place", that people did some fiberglass here and told him to check out this site . . . My Bad . . .:buttkick:

Awesome planes tho' :)

Last edited:

Whirlybird

Lopez, actually, Breeze400's F7F . . . F7F Tigarcat. . . . has a fiberglass fuselage with covered wings. Quote from website "Most ESM scale RC airplanes have epoxy resin fiberglass fuselages, with the wings being typical built up, and then covered with Solartex fabric, which is then painted for a perfect match!"

He purchased it from Giant Scale RC Model Airplane ARFs, Jets, Warbirds, Servos, Accessories, Goldwing RC, ESM, ECOMRC DLE ENGINES!

Here is their F4U . . . ESM F4U Corsair 74" wingspan radio control model airplane. Optional retracts available separately. (ESMCORSAIR74) - troybuiltmodels.com . . . 74" wingspan . . . big :yikes:

Last edited:

lopezagt0

thanks for all the replys guys still figuring the site out so wasnt aware i had gotten so many replies :) but flight experience i have had is alot Alot of flying on my sky fly max i can do alot of arobatic flying on it now including inverted and knive edge it, i have laid that one down once or twice as of it was my first plane, now i basically fly my f4u corsair and i havent had any problems with it the plane flies great and i can stick the landing everytime i also have the concept x edf moded to 70mm edf i have a little trouble with that one cuz of the speed sometimes
here are the links to the exact planes i have
64mm Concept X Super Performance Brushless Ducted Fan RC Jet ARF Receiver-Ready (Green)
Extreme Detail Art-Tech 2.4Ghz F4U Corsair 3D Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric RC US Navy Warbird Airplane ARF w/ Brushless Motor
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYGM0&P=ML
o also looking for a stunt plane or ww2 plane would be awesome very open to suggestions balsa or fiberglass i do however want to go electric ty guys for all the help :)

Top Bottom