Going Rc Flying Again After A 30 Year Hiatus

heartland

Grand kids saw old pictures of my RC (and control line) airplanes from many years ago. They showed a lot of interest and it didn't take much to talk me back into the hobby. My first RC airplane was a Jr. Falcon (my avatar) back in 1969. It had a one button radio! That was after flying control lines for over 10 years. So I now have a Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3M, Spektrum DX8G2 and all the paraphernalia that goes with it. It looked like a good airplane to re-introduce me and for the kids to learn on. We will fly off the grass, over the corn & bean fields at our house here in Central Indiana. I look forward to the support from your Help site as I'm sure there will be many questions. Weather should start improving soon and the kids are chomping at the bit!
Thanks

Tony

Staff member
It is awesome that you are getting back into the hobby. The old Jr. Falcon is still a great plane to this day if you can find one to build or find one that has been taken care of. But the Carbon Cub is also a great airplane to train on. Just remember, the Falcon had dihedral and the Cub doesn't. So the Cub won't be as stable. But should still fly really great.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to post up! And welcome to Rc-Help!

:welcome1:

Tony

Staff member
Call me old fashion but I completely missed the "S+" on that name you posted. With that, setup properly, it will be like walking a small dog, very easy. Great choice!

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, you and the Grandkids should all enjoy the experience, I flew fixed wing after 25 years and only had issues with misjudging landings, you should be fine with all those fields that your flying over.

Top Bottom