General Going backwards to move forwards

Lee

So its now just over a year since learning to fly helis. I am very happy with my progress. No real 3D yet but Sports flying, Inverted no probs, but i feel my learning curve is slowing down. There are a lot of things i skipped past on my speedy voyage to where i am now. So today i decided to go back and learn somethings i missed in the hope my overall flying will improve.
First on my list was reversing my fig 8's and stall turns. I have always turned the heli away from me, so today i did a full pack of turning towards me for all the changes in direction.
Second, was to do backwards eights. Again just did a whole pack of them till it felt natural.
I already feel more confident after just two packs.
Dont skip the basics like i did. The basics are what make you a well rounded pilot.
Happy flying everyone
Lee

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Sound advice Lee. I'm taking your and Tony's advice on this one and doing exactly that. I was trying to get ahead of myself on the flying and crunched my 450. I'm thinking about replacing the heli with an HK450GTPro ... it would only be $40 more than the parts I need to replace, and it would be a LOT more of a heli than what I have now. Great stuff ... I'll keep you posted! Yes, I'm just trying to keep up with my "El Taco" moniker.

Lee

The HK 450 GT is def the best option. Both of mine went together with no probs. Just waiting on my DS 420 tail servo to get the second one up in the air :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
its a good suggestion lee.. i had to go back to my msr as i dont have another rtf.. and now i am "trying" backwards flight on it. :)

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
You have been one of my inspirations Lee. One of my problems is orientation, I'm taking my time. Don't really care for threeD just want to be able to fly. One day I would like to build a full size experimental.

Lee

You want to build a full size RC heli? Wow thats gonna be a build thread and a half :D

Top Bottom