1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

VRX Goggles And Vrx Aren't On The Same Page.

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by D.O.G., Oct 7, 2018.

1. D.O.G.

D.O.G. Well-Known Member Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    I have the Fat shark Transformer SE goggles and the Lumenier RX5GDR V2 VRX for a ground station. I have both of my quads on RaceBand Channel 8 using the Lumenier TX5G6R mini 600mW VTX. According to the chart, the frequency is 5917. The VRX is on Comp Auto CH 8 5917. I have the goggles on Video in 16:9 full view. Well the view in my goggles are no good for flying. The view shows whatever the camera is pointed at but it's also shows diagonal lines,3 but the lines are stationary. In theory it should work but it doesn't. From the VRX to the goggles I have 4 connections. 3.5 mm adapter, about 6" long, from the VRX to one end of the video cable. The other end of the video cable is connected to another video adapter about 6" long to a 3.5mm plug that goes to the goggles. I'm thinking to many freaking connections going from point A to point B lol. So I order a 15' 3.5mm to 3.5mm plug single video wire to eliminate the viewing problem I'm having. If that doesn't solve the problem can anyone suggest some kind of other idea to resolve my viewing problem :).

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

First thing I would do is remove all of that and put a single, very short cable on it and test it that way. If the lines are still there, then it is either the goggles, camera, VTX or VRX. From there it's all about replacing one part at a time until the lines go away. Hopefully the cable is it, but 15' is a lot for a video signal. For example, 15' is the max you can go on a USB cable before you need a booster, and those signals are stronger than the VRX to goggles signal.

3. D.O.G.

Disable
    Thanks Tony. What the longest length do you recommend? The cable hasn't shipped yet so maybe I can switch before they do ship it.

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

That part I don't know. I have never used anything over 10' and 15' may work just fine and give you more reach to boot so you can place your stand where you need it. It's worth a shot. Just something to keep in mind.

5. D.O.G.

Disable
    Thanks again. For the price then I'll just wait till the cable arrives. Cost more for shipping lol. As for trying a smaller video cable, I'll still have 4 connection but just a shorter video cable. I Don't have any 3.5 mm to 3.5mm cable. That's why I went ahead and order one. It was only $3.76 and shipping was $3.92...go figure lol.