1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

700 Goblin Tail

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by fran11784, Feb 7, 2019.

< Tgz380 3 Axis Gyro | Ikon 2 >
  1. fran11784

fran11784 Member Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hi friends, thought I'd run this by you all. You see in the picture the 2x6mm bolt goes though the grip arm and the tail pitch slider and threads into the bushing (H0435-S). The problem is the bolt bottoms in the bushing before it gets tight on the grip arm. Cant be right, So I add a washer, (in the other picture) and its gets tight. Anyone who built a late model Goblin run into this or am I missing something? Makes me think the bushing wasn't threaded far enough or I need a shorter bolt. Thanks IMG_0519 (1).JPG IMG_0520.JPG

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    That is a pretty big oversight on SAB's part. Did you measure the bolt to make sure it was a 6mm? I'm sure it is, just thinking out loud. Either way, that washer, as long as you put one on the other side, won't hurt anything. Glad to see you progressing on the build.

3. fran11784

Blog Posts:
    Good point, after reading your post I went and checked the bolt and the threaded part is just under 6mm. I guess the washers will have to do. I'll shoot a email to SAB and post what they say. Thanks, T

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Another thing you can do is take off a bit of the end of the bolt with a file. Put a nut on it first, file it down a mm or so then remove the nut to straighten out the threads. Should seat just like it is suppsoed to.

5. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    I thought SAB had thruste bearings in the tail grips?

6. fran11784

Blog Posts:
    No the bolt HC004 floats around in the grip H0327BM. I mean really loose... Their telling me thats normal. Theres just to way. I dont think they understand. I'm going to send some pictures to them.

7. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Do you have the bushing installed on yours? I cant tell in the picture. My eyes are.starting their downward spiral. It looks like you forgot the bushing to me

8. fran11784

Blog Posts:
    Yeah they call H0435-S a bushing because the tail slider link is around the outside. But the inside of that peace is threaded and acts as a nut as well. There are no other parts... Hope this makes sense. A buddy from my club made a good point, maybe they took too much materiel off the grip which makes good sense. Not likely in today's CNC world but with my luck.....lol

9. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    The linkage looks like its missing in your pic. Did you install the linkage also.

10. fran11784

Blog Posts:
    Ok yeah I did. I was just showing how I added the washer. This is the photo I sent to SAB. IMG_0523.JPG

< Tgz380 3 Axis Gyro | Ikon 2 >