700 Goblin Tail

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi friends, thought I'd run this by you all. You see in the picture the 2x6mm bolt goes though the grip arm and the tail pitch slider and threads into the bushing (H0435-S). The problem is the bolt bottoms in the bushing before it gets tight on the grip arm. Cant be right, So I add a washer, (in the other picture) and its gets tight. Anyone who built a late model Goblin run into this or am I missing something? Makes me think the bushing wasn't threaded far enough or I need a shorter bolt. ThanksIMG_0519 (1).JPG IMG_0520.JPG

Tony

Staff member
That is a pretty big oversight on SAB's part. Did you measure the bolt to make sure it was a 6mm? I'm sure it is, just thinking out loud. Either way, that washer, as long as you put one on the other side, won't hurt anything. Glad to see you progressing on the build.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good point, after reading your post I went and checked the bolt and the threaded part is just under 6mm. I guess the washers will have to do. I'll shoot a email to SAB and post what they say. Thanks, T

Tony

Staff member
Another thing you can do is take off a bit of the end of the bolt with a file. Put a nut on it first, file it down a mm or so then remove the nut to straighten out the threads. Should seat just like it is suppsoed to.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
No the bolt HC004 floats around in the grip H0327BM. I mean really loose... Their telling me thats normal. Theres just to way. I dont think they understand. I'm going to send some pictures to them.

murankar

Staff member
Do you have the bushing installed on yours? I cant tell in the picture. My eyes are.starting their downward spiral. It looks like you forgot the bushing to me

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah they call H0435-S a bushing because the tail slider link is around the outside. But the inside of that peace is threaded and acts as a nut as well. There are no other parts... Hope this makes sense. A buddy from my club made a good point, maybe they took too much materiel off the grip which makes good sense. Not likely in today's CNC world but with my luck.....lol

Top Bottom