Goblin 770 this weekend

Smoggie

The weather was bad this weekend. Lots of showers made it difficult to fly at all but I did get three flights on my Goblin 770 to test out it's new Hobbywing 160A HV V4 ESC (ESC performed great).

Here's one of the flights, nothing exciting as far as the flying goes though I have tried to make the intro a bit more interesting:

Last edited by a moderator:

trainrider06

Very nice Steve, man that first loop as low as those clouds looke I thought the heli was going to disappear from site into the clouds! Lol looked like it could rain at any minute! That baby is one stable bird though! Good looking heli too! Like the last shot where you get a good view of the heli from the side after it lands.
And look at you with your Fancy pants intro! Lol pretty cool!

Smoggie

Thanks Rodney. You were right about the weather, it started raining moments after i landed and i had to pack up quick sharp. The 770 is a really nice heli, it's quite light (a good bit lighter than the Agile 7.2) and the big blades make it very 'floaty' and it flies really well at lower headspeed. The video was at about 1700RPM but even lower than that it still performs well. The Hobbywing ESC has carved a few more grams off because it has it's own BEC so I've got rid of the seperate receiver pack.

PS.. the intro idea is a shameless copy of one of Uri's videos so i can't take any credit for any original thought.

Last edited:

trainrider06

Very odd weather this year for sure, although we have had our share of rain the weather has actually been very nice and mild.
But the winds have been pretty bad grounding my heli's on these very pretty days we have had...
I can't even imagine flying those big beasts, myself I know I would get a floaty feeling but it would more than likely be in my britches! LOL
You have those babies dialed in very nicely!
Hehe, oh those shameless things we do! I am sure Uri doesn't mind, he's a pretty good guy....I may have to do some shameful things myself on my video's once I figure out how to do it! LOL

Smoggie

Uri did say it was ok for me to rip his idea off.. they do say the most sincere form of compliment is imitation!

I had a few more flights of my helis this weekend but rain limited play yet again. I didn't shoot any videos because to be honest they would just look the same as the last one. My flying is a very predictable, one flight looks much like the next:redface:

I'm going to make a concerted effort to add a new trick to my repertoire. I'm thinking something quite modest like a backward loop (a good one for the peanut gallery) or maybe inverted circuits with coordinated banked turns (less spectacular but needs more skill). I should probably focus on improving my backward flying as it's something I just can't do worth a damn. Being a long time fixed wing (plank) flyer there is something about flying backward that just does not compute. I need to practice on the sim but i hate the sim more than i hate backward flying.

murankar

Staff member
Sounds like my saturday. Get all setup had a chance to marvel at my field setup, got 2 flights in and bam, rain. So I packed up and said screw it. Nice flying though.

trainrider06

Uri did say it was ok for me to rip his idea off.. they do say the most sincere form of compliment is imitation!

I had a few more flights of my helis this weekend but rain limited play yet again. I didn't shoot any videos because to be honest they would just look the same as the last one. My flying is a very predictable, one flight looks much like the next:redface:

I'm going to make a concerted effort to add a new trick to my repertoire. I'm thinking something quite modest like a backward loop (a good one for the peanut gallery) or maybe inverted circuits with coordinated banked turns (less spectacular but needs more skill). I should probably focus on improving my backward flying as it's something I just can't do worth a damn. Being a long time fixed wing (plank) flyer there is something about flying backward that just does not compute. I need to practice on the sim but i hate the sim more than i hate backward flying.

Watch it now, those new "tricks" can be mighty expensive!
Yeah I have not a clue how in the heck someone flies upside down, and leading with the tail flying around! I can't do it on the sim at all. I'd go broke learning on the real thing!

trainrider06

Sounds like my saturday. Get all setup had a chance to marvel at my field setup, got 2 flights in and bam, rain. So I packed up and said screw it. Nice flying though.

That's even more torture, getting a flight in and then raining...here my weekend will be a wash....again by the forecast for this weekend....:(

Top Bottom