700 Goblin 700e

Hungomez

Hi everyone. I'm on the sab 700 building, and can't get my DS825 cyclic servos in the place correctly. I have to use servo spacers for bought side because. Trying to upload pictures, and my question is only, good or not.
Many thanks. IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

Smoggie

Yes, this is a very common thing on the Goblins. Due to the swash servo layout the body of the servo is very tight to the main shaft case. I've had to do the exact same thing as you on both of my Goblins, i just bought an extra pack of those little carbon plates. The instructions should have a note in about this as it's necessary for many brands of servo.

Hungomez

Thanks. I was almost sure about it I have to do something , because With the servo arm it is absolutely centred on the anti rotation guide.
The manual doesn't say anything about it. Only make sure, to use shorts screws up,next to the shaft. There is another problem, because the screws not long enough to reach the hole. I have measured how deep is, and used all the longest screws. Need to order some extra.
Thanks again for the quick answer!

Smoggie

The other thing that catches a lot of people out on the Goblins is the spacer in the bottom front of the tail boom, where the lower frame mounting screws attach. The spacer is adjustable for length but it's critical that once adjusted for a snug fit in the boom you use CA (or you red Loctite the threads) to securely fix the threads. If you don't lock the treads, when you screw in the mounting screws the spacer turns and screws in on it's threads, allowing the boom to crush and crack along the bottom. You see these cracks on so many Goblin booms, it's not funny. To be fair the manual does say to CA the spacer threads but it's easy to miss.

Hungomez

Ok. Thanks. I keep eye on it. If you know anything else, please let me know, it's my first goblin, I always have had Align helicopters.
Also if it's not a problem, I have one more question. Motor. I have only scorpion HK-4035 500KV. I think it's a little bit small. Also the 500 kv could be little bit low? I don't do hard 3D yet, just still learning. How I think right now, it's enough at the moment, but maybe I have to change later. I still couldn't choose esc , how I see the castle talon HV 120 with built in bec not to bad option now. But if I change the motor for a little bit bigger, that's still enough?

Smoggie

Sorry for delay in replying. Yes the 4035 is at the smaller end of the range but should still work fine for sports flying. I use one in my Goblin 630 which has 770mm blades fitted, so not far from a 700 and it works great in that heli, though they do run quite hot. 500Kv is fine, the Goblin has a wide choice of pulleys to suit different Kv motors.

The Talon 120 should work ok but again is at the smaller end of the acceptable range, but should be ok for sports flying. The new Hobbywing 130A HV is another ESC you might look at, or the Align 130A HV which used identical hardware to the Hobbywing (but different firmware that is limited to 12S)

By the way.. if you were looking for a bigger motor a guy I know is selling an Align 850MX for £60 right now, which is something of a bargain.

PS.....By coincidence I've just bought a Goblin 700 Speed, so I'll be hot on your heals with the build. I wont get it for another week or so though so you should be ready before me.

Last edited:

Hungomez

Hi. Thanks again for the help.
I try to get a scorpion commander 130A esc , and still have to wait for the tail servo. I selling one of the my 600 dfc and soon as I can, buying the missing parts. I have 695mm main blades, and how I wrote I can't do properly 3D just keep practising. The 850 mx,sound great. Your friend will be selling on eBay? Or what's the way to buy it? I'm from Bristol, England.
Thanks again...

Smoggie

He's selling it on one of the UK forums (RCheliaddict.co.uk). I think you need to be registered to see the classifieds, but if you were interested I can forward your contact details to him and he could get in touch. This guy builds and sells an enormous number of helis. He just likes to keep trying new helis, so he's constantly selling almost new parts. I've got loads of stuff that came from him! He's selling a brand new Align DS825M tail servo too, same as fitted to the new Trex 700X. He might have an ESC as well, I'm not sure.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Smoggie

EDIT... sorry, i just checked and the Align 850MX was sold earlier today. He prices stuff to sell so you always need to be quick.

Top Bottom