700 Goblin 700 Comp Build

damhdearg

Just thought id post some pictures of this build since I didn't manage last time.

I've been saving for a 700 for a while, it came down to the synergy N7 and the goblin, the goblin won.
Its just so unique I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Haven't done much to it yet but so far it looks good.
I went for the comp mostly for the HPS head and the battery tray although the dampened tail grips, taller and thicker side frames and new boom
material and design was a bonus. Ill update progress and any problems I come across.

Setup will be-

BK servos all round,
Second hand scorpion hk3 4035-560,
Msh Brain using its governor I think,
(Probably)Castle 160, overkill but playing safe.
Torn between batteries at the minute.

Heres a few Pics of the progress so far, probably be a month till it fly's, needs to be ready for summer flying though.

P5210044.jpgP5210046.jpgP5210049.jpg

P5210044.jpg

P5210046.jpg

P5210049.jpg

damhdearg

I have been so close to grabbing one for a year and a half Kev. I just went for it, new work contract helped push me over the edge lol.

Slobberdog

I really fancied the GOBBY 500, but it was just to rich for me, that's why I ended up on the trex 500, but I would defo like a 630 or 700 myself, oh I can dream,

Wait have my lottery numbers come up, off to check

Did I mention I'm gealous, SWEET bird mate,

Lee

Nice one mate :)

Got confirmation of my batteries arriving on the 27th. So I hope to have mine in the air next week some time.
I have a tonne of build pics, but i'm waiting until I'm completely finished to post them.

murankar

Staff member
Congratulations on the new garbon. Wish I could join the garbon family myself. For now it's a dream for me. Good luck with it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

damhdearg

Haven't had a whole lot of spare RC time recently but I finally got the Goblin flying today!

Got a few videos to edit together if I work out how to.
It was a couple quick test flights so cant comment too much on how it feels but two things stuck out straight away, the blade size visually and the floaty feeling.
Im really liking the belted helis for the sound and this compares well to my Logo in that respect.
I have the scorpion 4035 560 (good price second hand) with a 19 T pulley. The motor is the same as in my Logo 600. As I spooled up I had the same feeling as when I spooled up the Logo for the first time, I may need the next size up pulley/pinion.
I think with the logo it was a bit deceiving because of the quiet herring bone gears and belt, I still haven't changed the Logo pinion and really don't feel the need to, I prefer the low to mid headspeed.
After a few more flights I may go to the 20 T pulley on the Goblin for a bit extra.

Anyway, Ill get the maiden video up in the next few days.

Lee

Nice Cam,
At the high head speed, it did sound like you had quite a belt vibe going on.
How tight is it?
May be its just the video sound. :)

damhdearg

Cheers dudes. Not sure what the noise would be, maybe the camera zoom? That was the first flight too so everything's still settling in. Midges mad tonight, flying tomorrow hopefully.

Top Bottom