Goblin 570 flight 4 / flight 2 for today

murankar

Staff member
Thank You.

So I go out today to the same ball field. Yes it is overcast but I thought I go and see how much flying (hoovering) I could get in. I got everything setup, my new card table, tool box, deep cycle battery, charger and everything else. A post cop stopped by to see what was up. Asked what I was doing and all so I told him getting ready to fly since no one was playing ball. He asked what I was flying and then pulled his car forward and saw the Gobby sitting on the table with her cloths off. His eyes were priceless. I also said I was hoping to get a few in before the rain came in. Shook his head and moved on. No issues or anything. So not even 5 minutes later he comes back and asked if I had a camera on the heli. I told him No and that I dont get into all that due to the issues that come from it. I also told him if I do video anything its going to be the heli with a camera on a ball hat.

I managed to get two flights in to calm the nerves and figured that I wouldnt need to film a basic nerve shaking flight. Then the rain came so I packed up. My mood just went to the toilet so I came back to the room.

So my next thing is that I need to figure out the total pack voltage for about 25% capacity left. I flew til 43.7 on these packs. I put the packs on the cell checker and I am sitting at about 54%. I also need to see if I can set some alarms for the voltage I want.

Tony

Staff member
If you have telemetry, then you can set that up. I know I can with the Spektrum Telemetry. Mine will even give me a voice alert of what the pack voltage is. It's pretty cool.

And this is why you VIDEO EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

murankar

Staff member
Its possible I just dont know how to do it yet. I got the telemetry giving me the voltages and head speed when I hit the throttle idle /stop switch. Now to get the alarm to sound at a given voltage.

yes yes yes I know about the video rules, lol. I did not want to bore everyone with another hover video. Today I finally set the governor at 2230ish for all the banks/flight modes. Vcontrol does not use the term flight modes, it uses banks. 6 of one and half dozen of the other. So my banks are set at 82% throttle. I also have to tune down the head gain a tad. I noticed some twitching while climbing. On my gyro I have a head gain vs Elevator and aileron gains. Oh and I also had to redo the auto trim for the tail. So what happened was I did not get the mechanics set right for pitch slider. What this did is caused the auto trim to use a high number to get the tail locked in. I was at around 90ish points on the auto trim. I of course could not let that go. I took my pitch guage and tail blade attachment and got about 5 degrees of pitch (leading edge towards the boom). After redoing the trim flight my number is closer to 50ish on the trim. I can live with that for now.

I will make another attempt tomorrow if the rain is not here. Oh and on this super grey day that yellow sure does pop, especially against the trees as a back drop.

murankar

Staff member
Yes Tony you wouldn't know now would you. I guess depending on tomorrow I will have to get a video. If things work the way I want them too then you should get a few videos.

murankar

Staff member
Actually not that bad on that one. My last flights from Saturday were not that bad either. I know Tony "How do we know: :rules:". Might I digress though. On Saturday I had to get in a couple flights before I shot any video, I want to get my nerves settled down and start trying to do more. On the first flight I had to re auto trim the tail, that took all of about 1 minute. Before the trim number was around 95 which is a little to high for me. It tells me my mechanical was not right. I adjust the tail blades with the leading edge moving towards the boom this added some counter thrust to the boom. After the trim flight my numbers were closer to 50 which is more like it.

Once that was settled in I was trying to get a feel for the space which there is not a whole lot of. This field would be ideal for the X3 and not the 570. If this package comes in on Thursday like it is scheduled to then I should be flying this both helis this weekend. I am so tempted to get the bailout feature for the X3. It doesn't really need it but I think it would be cool to have it on there. Plus I would get better governor controls on it.

Top Bottom